Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New wifi range extender

So I was out using the tp-link (my fav) again - and I notice jello-ing on the video. Been getting that for awhile now. I thought the it was the repeater - but can't be.

Turns out - it is the propeller blade. I replaced one of the OEM DJI one with a cheap Ali Express/Bangood (horrible - not good for refunds) ones. Videos has never been quite right since.

Gents - make sure you use DJI or some good props. Cheap ones don't cut it. I've seen videos where the props break apart and fly right off the motor - dangerous.

Reactions: Flydrone
The Gigastone R101 router/repeater is as cheap (or maybe cheaper in Amazon?) as the Xiaomi unit and likely delivered the next day. And configuration is straight-forward (and no need for an account or some non-secure foreign website ):

Configuration Video:

Range Test and Video Footage:

Reactions: Flydrone
Thanks Flydrone - but the Gigastone is just not the greatest as a Wifi Repeater/Extender. But what can we expect for about $20.

The best I have seen so far is the tp-link AC750. A bit more expensive - but it can do 5Ghz connection to the phone making very few to almost no drops in video frames (so long as you aren't too far).
The configuration video is coming - just being lazy :)
But here are some videos (mostly) shot with the AC750

[url='https://youtu.be/Cj1-NB5pZaA"]

Other than the mystifyingly popular Xiaomi, can anyone recommend a different, easier to setup and use repeater? I would pay more for ease of use/setup, cos I wasted two & a half days diddling with that one, with nothing to show for it! I got fed up and returned it!
Thanx,
Mrstacey
The imusk foldable extender

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James_All-In