Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Newbie pilot

MrBongo

Reaction score
Ok so newbie pilot got two cheap eachine58 rc quads 4K camera from China.

One for the boy as a birthday present one for myself to teach him and myself.

Sadly was a bit disappointed in the repeatability of the flying experience.

These are ok as toys and dirt cheap to repair as I’ve found out and cost just under £100 for both of them plus spare batteries and parts etc.

What we found as they are so light and have no stability software or god or location systems so your flying by the seat of your pants and have no time to move to the screen as your constantly about to loose control of the drone even in a light wind 4-5 mph and after trimming so it’s been a hard slog learning the basics of flight let alone doing anything big/special photo wise.

And the video is choppy at best photos not so bad.

What the experience did teach is is our limitations and what not to do PANIC.

So 6 months on I decided on an upgrade for us both and thankfully found an ad for the Ironman TELLO on Amazon for £70 all in so I got one for the boy and a refurbished model from eBay of the white basic model. With bags and spare batteries and gamesir td controllers and was just under £200 quid.

My god the difference is amazing and so well worth it video and photo and stability even in 15mph gusts is in credible.

Just got a couple of XiaoMi wife extenders to try and extend the distance of flight and altitude and video shudder.

I’m using the basic TELLO freebie app and the boy the Ironman hero one on apples.

Any pointers to increase distance and altitude would be appreciated.

It’s my birthday on the 5th July and already have the dji mavic mini tucked in the wife’s cubby for my big day bless her.

Signing out.................

I can’t help ya but..
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .(y)

Ok so newbie pilot got two cheap eachine58 rc quads 4K camera from China.

One for the boy as a birthday present one for myself to teach him and myself.

Sadly was a bit disappointed in the repeatability of the flying experience.

These are ok as toys and dirt cheap to repair as I’ve found out and cost just under £100 for both of them plus spare batteries and parts etc.

What we found as they are so light and have no stability software or god or location systems so your flying by the seat of your pants and have no time to move to the screen as your constantly about to loose control of the drone even in a light wind 4-5 mph and after trimming so it’s been a hard slog learning the basics of flight let alone doing anything big/special photo wise.

And the video is choppy at best photos not so bad.

What the experience did teach is is our limitations and what not to do PANIC.

So 6 months on I decided on an upgrade for us both and thankfully found an ad for the Ironman TELLO on Amazon for £70 all in so I got one for the boy and a refurbished model from eBay of the white basic model. With bags and spare batteries and gamesir td controllers and was just under £200 quid.

My god the difference is amazing and so well worth it video and photo and stability even in 15mph gusts is in credible.

Just got a couple of XiaoMi wife extenders to try and extend the distance of flight and altitude and video shudder.

I’m using the basic TELLO freebie app and the boy the Ironman hero one on apples.

Any pointers to increase distance and altitude would be appreciated.

It’s my birthday on the 5th July and already have the dji mavic mini tucked in the wife’s cubby for my big day bless her.

Signing out.................

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode