Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

No drone connection, no firmware update

RolfBerg

Reaction score
I bought a Tello just over a month ago and at first it was great fun flying it. Then, a few weeks ago, I was prompted to do a firmware update and all the fun stopped.

First it looked like the update was successful, but when checking the firmware version it said 0.0. Weird. After that the drone didn't show up on my network list at all. I searched online for possible reasons and fixes and found out that all I had to do was to reset the network on the drone by pressing the power button for 5 seconds and everything would be fine. Wrong! What happens when I do that is that the drone shows up on the network list again - but only when it is in that mode. As soon as I switch back to normal mode again, it is gone.

I have been in contact with the support but it seems like they're only interested in delaying the issue until my warranty runs out. They constantly ask me to perform more and more useless tasks to make sure I will be occupied until the drone is out of warranty. I am currently running on y 21: st e-mail back and forth to them without the slightest sign of effort from them to actually resolve my issue.

My suggestion for them to send me a file so that I can update the firmware via cable connected to my computer has been totally ignored. In my last effort to make them take action I have told them I will return the drone for a refund if they can't resolve my issue. Customer service with Ryze is way below par.

If you can. Return it and get a new one. DJI is known for having bad CS.

Was having the same problem, any working solution?
My solution was to return the drone, never to buy anything from Ryze again. Their support is appalling. They were constantly trying to delay my case by asking for more and more information from me. I guess it is because they're trying to wait out the expiration of the warranty as they don't know how to fix the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv