Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

No picture tello fpv

Scaribob

Reaction score
Hi problem with tello fpv app when I press video record the picture on my phone just scrambles any clues.
Thank Rob

The live video feed scrambles when you press record video?
Or when you take a photo?

Hi when I press record on video only, I am just wondering if I should put my phone in airplane mode and try that.

Hi when I press record on video only, I am just wondering if I should put my phone in airplane mode and try that.

Just that I get this right: The video feed is OK, until you press recording and then the video feed scrambles?
Is the recorded video OK?
Does the video feed recover when you stop the recording?
What type of phone is this and what Android ROM & version does it run?

Hi,yes it turns out the recorded video is OK .it is great until I press the record button then it scrambles and when I stop recording the picture is clear again. This was while being about 3feet from the drone.

I haven't had this before, but it may be that your phone just can't decode more than one video at the same time. The way this is implemented is to decode the video stream twice: once for rendering, and once more for muxing it into an mpg file.

Its not that TelloFpv doesn't run on Android 8. This app is working for a few thousand users now with different phones from Android 5 to Android 9. Its also not a problem that the phone isn't powerful enough, it certainly is. Is more likely that something is just messed up in the codec of your particular phone.
You may try to reboot, wipe the dalvik cache, restore to factory defaults, go back to the previous ROM, etc.

If you are on the full version, I can offer you a refund. In that case send me the GPA number of the purchase (see mail received upon purchase ) to [email protected]
Other than that I can't help, sorry.

Interestingly, when I run the Tello app, I get scrambled video on the photo setting only. The video setting works. Your app works fine on both settings. I have a Motorola G6.

Interestingly, when I run the Tello app, I get scrambled video on the photo setting only. The video setting works. Your app works fine on both settings. I have a Motorola G6.
This worked on the demo version. When I go to get the $ version it says I already own the item. I cannot download, however. My credit card was charged.

This worked on the demo version. When I go to get the $ version it says I already own the item. I cannot download, however. My credit card was charged.
Got it... Just went into Google Play Store Library and re-downloaded.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843