Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Okay...here is what I’d like (love)...

PaulPFH

Reaction score
So I’m about ready to buy a Tello. I’ve been on this forum for a short while, but I have what it takes to jump into this as an amateur, at best. But I will improve!

What it is that I would like would be, the setup of things that it takes to fly a Tello. From all of you, if you wouldn’t mind. I will decide from the list given which items to purchase to get me flying.

Furthermore, about the Tello I will buy...is it best to go with the basic Tello, the Ironman one (I kinda doubt this one, but who knows), or the Tello EDU, which you can program with? Thank you for answering these questions! ?

Paul

Reactions: Kyle Knox
You can also program the original Tello, just in case you want to dabble in that. The EDU can do more though, including swarming.
The Iron Man can be flown with its own app, and the original app, but I believe that the original Tello can not be flown with the Iron Man app.
I personally fly Tello with the Gamesir T1d controller and the Tello FPV app. Just simple.

For my class I run 6 original Tellos on ipads with either the original Tello app or the TelloEDU app. We have prop guard cages and Lego brick adapters .
I have a link in my profile to my website, check it out to see other apps for the Tello!

You can also program the original Tello, just in case you want to dabble in that. The EDU can do more though, including swarming.
The Iron Man can be flown with its own app, and the original app, but I believe that the original Tello can not be flown with the Iron Man app.
I personally fly Tello with the Gamesir T1d controller and the Tello FPV app. Just simple.

For my class I run 6 original Tellos on ipads with either the original Tello app or the TelloEDU app. We have prop guard cages and Lego brick adapters .
I have a link in my profile to my website, check it out to see other apps for the Tello!

Thank you for your writing, Kyle. It will all be used to the fullest it can be. ?

Reactions: Kyle Knox
That’s all that I’m looking for; happiness.
Aren't we all brother... aren't we all...

The basic Tello is very capable, programmable, and does everything I want it to. It's also the least expensive.

You can read my signature line to see 'the setup of things that it takes' for me to fly my Tello

I personally recommend the original Tello with an array of accessories for the most enjoyment out of your drone....

First, i’ll start with how your going to fly
your tello. The tello is fully flyable with your ios device only but to really get sensitive and precise movements your going to want the T1d gamesir controller, With an OTG cable... as far as what app to fly with, Tello FPV is the best app hands down its $5.99 but it’s well worth the money.

Second, In my honest opinion, i do not think one battery is enough.. or even two batteries, this is only my opinion but for me to really enjoy flying i need at least a good half hour session, and 3 batteries will get you a little over that depending on how you fly and where you fly... and your really not going to enjoy charging 3 individual battery for an hour or more through the tello... so definitely pick up one of those cheap $15 battery charging hubs so you can charge up all 3, or 4 even, battery’s in less than an hour and a half... amazon has good prices on batteries, the drone comes with one and you can get 2 more for around 27 bucks and change if you find the right deal.

Third, Now that we have covered Flight controls, and flight time... there is one more absolute necessity, and that’s going to be a Xioami Wi-Fi extender V2, that’s going to take your stock flight distance of less than 90 meters and turn it into at least 450 meters depending where you fly, and for $11, you can’t beat it. of coarse you’ll need a rechargeable battery pack to power your extender.

Overall, that’s about it for what you’ll want to grab to enjoy your flight from as far and as long as you want... but wait, i almost forgot, your going to want to trick your drone out and make it look like it’s your very own, which there are many ways to do including, Wraps, covers, stickers, or even painting it to your own liking.. it’s all up to you.... and i believe that about wraps it up for my personal opinion... any questions, let me know i’ll do my best to respond to my fullest ability...

Happy droning,
Telloforce1

Thank you very much for your input, TelloForce1. It most certainly will steer me along purchasing, configuring and flying my drone, when that day comes. ?

Reactions: TelloForce1
I understand what you mean too my man... good luck in your quest
Also, to @umanbeam, a question about the portable battery chargers. I believe it was you who said, that you were using the 3 battery charger, that is made by Smatree? If it was you @umanbeam, can you tell me how well that performs for you, please? I am very interested in buying that. Thank you!

T1D is overrated. Expensive, BT only, causes the same interference as all BT controllers - and it can't do anything but control Tello so once you outgrow Tello its junk

For IOS I think the Steelseries works, too. At least you can use it for games, or sell it on.

Also, to @umanbeam, a question about the portable battery chargers. I believe it was you who said, that you were using the 3 battery charger, that is made by Smatree? If it was you @umanbeam, can you tell me how well that performs for you, please? I am very interested in buying that. Thank you!
Paul, this forum software makes it very easy to go back and re-read your own posts or threads you started.

Check this thread, started by you. The first response, post #2 by me, answers your question above. Pay special attention to the first sentence in the last paragraph of that post:
So another detail, please

May I suggest that you use old-fashioned pencil and paper and start taking notes? Maybe that way you can keep up with all the questions you have, which have been answered already.

What I do when researching a new subject is take a piece of blank printer paper. Draw a vertical line straight down the middle of the page, then draw a horizontal line across the middle of the page. Now you have four equal quadrants.

In the top-left quadrant write 'Tello variants', underline that to flag it as a heading, then list the pluses and minuses of each of the different Tellos - a question you've asked here before which has been answered.

In the top-right quadrant write 'Controllers', underline that to flag it as another heading, then write down what you find out by asking questions here on this forum.

In the bottom-left quadrant write 'battery chargers', underline that, then write down all the notes there.

Use the bottom right quadrant for whatever you want to - wifi repeaters, general notes, ideas and unasked questions would be a good start.

The paper can even be flipped over and you have four more quadrants without even having to draw lines - you can see right through.

GOOD LUCK man, I sincerely hope you get through all this without busting a vein.

p.s. And all this time I had no idea you don't even own a Tello.

Yeah! Okay. I’ll follow all the writing of the preceding post by Umanbean.

And UGH! This guy doesn’t even OWN A TELLO. ? (j/k)

Again, I’d like to thank you all, for continuing to direct me in your own ways. ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv