Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Overvoltage to repeater and rebuilding into a foldable chassi?

Roslagsbo

Reaction score
Hi

I have still not bought a Tello but got very enthusiastic about some of the Tello mod projects presented here and I will probably buy a Tello soon and start doing the same.

There are two possible mods that I wonder if somebody has tested:

• Increasing the voltage supply to a USB repeater to get more power out of it
  • Take all the technical parts from a Tello and remount in a cheep similar sized foldable drone
I have not looked into the Tello before because of its bad technical spec, but camera seams to take good still pictures, the range seams to be easy to increase. The missing point for being a good traveller drone is that it is not foldable. I like the fact that it is cheap enough to make it possible to take risks for crashing and to do mods.

Just buy a Mavic Mini and be happy!
I already have a Mavic. But what I like to have is something cheap enough to use without being afraid to crash it and with resonabl good photo quality and small enough for travelling. A rebuilt Tello would maybe fill that demand? And the rebuilding could be just fun!

Reactions: fabio745
I already have a Mavic. But what I like to have is something cheap enough to use without being afraid to crash it and with resonabl good photo quality and small enough for travelling. A rebuilt Tello would maybe fill that demand? And the rebuilding could be just fun!

Which chassis are you going to bolt the Tello bits on to make it foldable?

As I havn´t bought my Tello yet, will I wait until I got it and can take detailed measurment, but I looked on internet and there are numerous of cheap mini foldable drone models. Don´t expect a fast Project from my side.

I looked into Thingiverse (a Collection of 3D-print drawings) and there was almost an unlimited number of Drone frames. Most of them was non-foldable, but a few was foldable. I liked this one: Pico 110 Foldable Micro Quad by Banana_Science so I will probably start with that drawing and do some modifications to make it fit Tello. As said earlier, this will be a sloooow project. I do not want to start with a brand new Tello and "destroy" it. I just lost a national auktion for a used one today, as the bids Went too high.

[QUOTE = "Roslagsbo, post: 32980, membro: 12485"]
Eu já tenho um Mavic. Mas o que eu gosto é de algo barato o suficiente para usar, sem medo de travá-lo e com boa qualidade fotográfica e pequena o suficiente para viajar. Um Tello reconstruído talvez preenchesse essa demanda? E a reconstrução pode ser divertida!
[/CITAR]

É isso aí amigo! quem conhece o DJITello se apaixona na hora, parabéns, corre atrás e consiga um.

Now I have completed the version one of my rebuilt to foldable. The main body is kept as standard. I have just cut the fixed arms. The total weight got 109 gram. As antennas have I used half wave length pcb strips. Next step is to look at range with different antenna setups. My main idea is to mount an Xiaomi USB extender between the pcb antennas, but I will try other solutions too. I know that it not optimal to have horisontal antennas, but I am not looking for max achievable range. If I get two times the original range with a compact and easy to startup solution, will I be satisfied. As Before will I handle this as a sloooow Project. I will uppload the 3D-print stl files on Thingiverse within a few Days.

Attachments

• P1030785.JPG
    P1030785.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 36
  • P1030790.JPG
    P1030790.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 37

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member