Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Places to Fly

Eug

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm struggling to find places I can fly my drone(s). The flight restriction zones are clear, but when I then overlay the drone code (not within 50m etc), and local bylaws stating not to fly in parks, I'm just not sure what this leaves? Is there a good source of published places to fly (I live in the south east of the UK) or am I being over cautious?
TIA.

Hi Eug,
Check to see if laws apply to all parks or only state and national parks. In the US the laws vary from state to state. In my state it is illegal to fly in state and national parks but it is okay in some county and city parks. Local drone, model airplane groups, and their respective blogs have been full of information on what I call "free to fly" zones. Also check to see if the UK has apps similar to "B4ufly".

I fly the Tello inside with the guards on to get practice. I create obstacles with doorways etc. It has made me a much better pilot with the Mavick Pro and the Mavick Pro 2. I log the indoor fly hours and experience with the indoor flights.

Let me know if any of this information is helpful.

Hi,
Some of the laws in the UK are nationwide, but some as you suggest are local byelaws, which are at a Borough level and they do indeed vary. For now I have been flying indoors, as it certainly hones the flying skills!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode