Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Prop recommendations?

Mikeg

Reaction score
My Tello should be here Friday. I was looking at accessories on Amazon. Can anybody recommend props? This is my 1st drone and I suspect I'll need some! :)

Thanks,
Mikeg

Use original props. They will always be balanced and your Tello will fly as it should.

I use different types of propellers and sometimes get annoyed on having to calibrate the Tello each time I exchange the props.

I'd like to get some in something bright. I crashed at the park yesterday but I got lucky and found the prop that flew off. It would have been easier if it was a bright color.

I also learned the lesson to bring spares with me!

Mikeg

Use original props. They will always be balanced and your Tello will fly as it should.

I use different types of propellers and sometimes get annoyed on having to calibrate the Tello each time I exchange the props.

Do you have to calibrate because you mix the Tello props with the non-Tello brand or because the quality control of the non--Tello ones isn't good?

Mikeg

Do you have to calibrate because you mix the Tello props with the non-Tello brand or because the quality control of the non--Tello ones isn't good?

Mikeg
Difference in shape and size changes the way the Tello behaves.

Attachments

• 641DB7D0-CDB4-4F84-8AF4-7AB1279A2ED7.jpeg
    641DB7D0-CDB4-4F84-8AF4-7AB1279A2ED7.jpeg
    773.1 KB · Views: 5
Does the Tello behave worse or merely differently?

Mikeg
Unless calibrated, the Tello has a bit of dificult maintaining the correct altitude and keeps going up and down slighly. Other times it will spin ever so slightly in it's own axis.

As for how it behaves after calibration with the other props, it responds way better, faster and it allows you to fine tune fly. It also allows you to fly in stronger winds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv