Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Ps4 controller help

Friendlytoad

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm able to connect my ps4 controller to my phone. But when I try to connect it to tellofpv it wont show up in the drop down list.

Am I missing a step?

Assuming you're using an OTG cable? What phone is it and is the phone OTG capable? Not all phones/tablets are.

Actually, don't connect the PS4 to the phone via Bluetooth (disconnect/unpair). Just let TelloFPV detect it in the app; memory serves. I'm running a PS3 now via OTG but initially via Bluetooth.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm able to connect my ps4 controller to my phone. But when I try to connect it to tellofpv it wont show up in the drop down list.

Am I missing a step?
Are you able to use the controller in a generic gamepad tester app?

I was connecting it through bluetooth but I think I'll get a otg cable to see if that helps and also prevent lag. I havnt tried the gamepad tester app. Good call. I'll give it a whirl and let u know

I was connecting it through bluetooth but I think I'll get a otg cable to see if that helps and also prevent lag. I havnt tried the gamepad tester app. Good call. I'll give it a whirl and let u know
once it works in a gamepad tester app like the one below it will also work in TelloFpv. If not - then no play...

Reactions: Friendlytoad
I got my otg cable and now my ps4 controller works and shows up in tellofpv. Better anyways then I dont have to deal with bluetooth interference. I got a phone clip that goes onto the ps4 controller. It's a pretty legit setup.

Only thing now is I have to figure out how to configure the controller as I can control the left stick but the right stick needs new configuration. Work in progress. Once I get everything set up the way I like it I'll post back with everything I have.

Ok so I got the ps4 controller up and running but the problem im facing is the right joystick doesnt work. The left one works perfectly fine but i cant seem to figure out how to get the right one to work. When I open it up in gamepad tester the right stick doesnt controll the right axis. Do i have to remap it somehow for my android device to recognize it as a joystick?

Do i have to remap it somehow for my android device to recognize it as a joystick?

Don't believe remapping was necessary upon initial connection. That said, in TelloFPV, go to Controller, Mapping and select the PS4 from the drop-down box. Assuming left stick is yaw/throttle, navigate to the roll/pitch options and select the respective function and press the right stick accordingly to register that mapping.

Does the right stick work on the PS4 console?

Don't believe remapping was necessary upon initial connection. That said, in TelloFPV, go to Controller, Mapping and select the PS4 from the drop-down box. Assuming left stick is yaw/throttle, navigate to the roll/pitch options and select the respective function and press the right stick accordingly to register that mapping.

Does the right stick work on the PS4 console?
Ya I also tried 4 different controllers. The issue isnt with the right stick but more of a software/mapping problem. It's not tellofpv either causing the issue. As in gamepad tester it shows up just not controlling the axis. I wonder if it's just my phone. I'll try a different phone and report back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv