Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Quiet, 4 blade propeller mod for Tello

SJLPHI

Reaction score
I should warn you that the propeller is so small, it doesn't blow enough air into the radiator and the drone does overheat and fail at times

Last edited:
Reactions: Fari

SJLPHI

Reaction score
New: overheating is not an issue until you land. During the flight, it seems to be alright. As long as you let the drone cool between battery swap.

After ~6 minutes flight time I get a "Error: 5" message and once landed, cannot fly until restarting the drone. I am going to guess this has to do with overheating because the drone and the battery by then is quite hot.

I should also mention I have these on the way too :10pairs Kingkong LADRC 48mm Propeller 3blade 1mm Props f Tiny8X FPV Racing Drone | eBay

3 blade 48mm rotors. Let's see how they handle too.

Last edited:

SJLPHI

Reaction score
I received the 3 blade 48mm rotors. The results are similar. Very quiet, and drone fails due to overheating.

Overall I have to consider this experiment a failure. With either the 3 blade or 4 blade 48mm rotors, the drone is stable (even more so than original blades maybe), very responsive but they fail to create the wind tunner under Tello as 2 blades are designed to do so.

As a result, the drone and the battery overheats in under 5 minutes in ambient temperature at 15 degrees Celsius.

Unfortunately I have to consider this experiment a failure. In fact, a set of knockoff 2 blade rotors were also failure. I guess it's best stick with OEM blades for Tello.

Reactions: Dblakem1

Mr Beardless

Reaction score

SJLPHI

Reaction score
Thnx mate. I did just order the same stuff from eBay and I will let u shortly know my view of what's up.... :cool:
No problem, just be careful with the overheating and remember to use the blade removal tool. Once I ripped out a motor with a 3/4 blade rotor.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbird89