Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Quiet, 4 blade propeller mod for Tello

I should warn you that the propeller is so small, it doesn't blow enough air into the radiator and the drone does overheat and fail at times

Last edited:
Reactions: Fari
New: overheating is not an issue until you land. During the flight, it seems to be alright. As long as you let the drone cool between battery swap.

After ~6 minutes flight time I get a "Error: 5" message and once landed, cannot fly until restarting the drone. I am going to guess this has to do with overheating because the drone and the battery by then is quite hot.

I should also mention I have these on the way too :10pairs Kingkong LADRC 48mm Propeller 3blade 1mm Props f Tiny8X FPV Racing Drone | eBay

3 blade 48mm rotors. Let's see how they handle too.

Last edited:
I received the 3 blade 48mm rotors. The results are similar. Very quiet, and drone fails due to overheating.

Overall I have to consider this experiment a failure. With either the 3 blade or 4 blade 48mm rotors, the drone is stable (even more so than original blades maybe), very responsive but they fail to create the wind tunner under Tello as 2 blades are designed to do so.

As a result, the drone and the battery overheats in under 5 minutes in ambient temperature at 15 degrees Celsius.

Unfortunately I have to consider this experiment a failure. In fact, a set of knockoff 2 blade rotors were also failure. I guess it's best stick with OEM blades for Tello.

Reactions: Dblakem1
Thnx mate. I did just order the same stuff from eBay and I will let u shortly know my view of what's up.... :cool:
No problem, just be careful with the overheating and remember to use the blade removal tool. Once I ripped out a motor with a 3/4 blade rotor.

I sold the drone and everything here but if I remember correctly, it made the drone more responsive (faster I guess) and quiet but also overheat (the flight chip and motor) and drain the battery faster (~6mins). I don't recommend it for long term or in the summer.

Ok so more blades is not recommended......what else can be done to add a little speed to the tello, I tweaked some settings anything else

Honestly, for winter/autumn flight and as long as I didn't fly 4 batteries back-to-back, it is something I would recommend if you want very good control, speed and stability.

Taking off the blade guard sped things up significantly for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv