Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Re: Lag in respond

PapaTelllo

Reaction score
Hi,
I connected my wifi extender to my tello. On screen control. Slow mode. Fly it in an open field with abit of wind 3~5 knot. Wifi extender afoot away from me on the grass.
While flying straight. The tello reaches around 10+m and hovers.. Didn't respond further after afew sec.. Lag.. The drone respond again. I flew it back to me.. Then i throttle it up vertical... To see how high I could climb.. It hover it around 12+m... (fighting the breeze) Then it seems to go out of control..yawing around.. Couldn't get it to respond to my control.. Quickly hit the land button but it lag.. Lucky I manage to catch it while land.... Overall.. I had fun with the tello.
I am not sure if it is the lag in wifi or the interference of other Rf or the processing within the tello.. Trying to fight the wind while receiving commands from the wifi... Just sharing my encounter..

Probably the lag was a interference (remember how many Wi-Fi Network were there?) but is inusual because you have a extender. Maybe a geomagnetic storm, verify "Kp index". Also, sometimes when Tello throttle up about 10m the VPS (Visual position system) fail and stay in hover state. So, you pilot skill will be tested

Any strategic location for wifi extender to be place before flying long distances or high altitude? Is it better to switch to sport mode for long distance or high altitude flying?

Probably the lag was a interference (remember how many Wi-Fi Network were there?) but is inusual because you have a extender. Maybe a geomagnetic storm, verify "Kp index". Also, sometimes when Tello throttle up about 10m the VPS (Visual position system) fail and stay in hover state. So, you pilot skill will be tested
---- Well..... I was flying the tello in an open field near to a couple of apartment blocks... I guess Wifi signals are mostly within the buildings... Maybe is the wind and the tello processor is trying to compensate the wind while receiving command via wifi extender.. Or could be the wind is too strong for the tello to respond...

Any strategic location for wifi extender to be place before flying long distances or high altitude? Is it better to switch to sport mode for long distance or high altitude flying?

Strategy:
First, activate the airplane mode on smartphone and then connect to the Tello (i suggest record the screen in case of accident). Then verify the environment (identify if there are antennas or transformers nearby) for avoid them.

Also, change to fast mode for fun or if the wind speed is strong but be carefull because this mode is active just when VPS (Visual Position System) is operating. The VPS fail in dark conditions, reflective surfaces (like water in lakes or pools) and hights greater than 10m respect to ground.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode