Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Sending code the RMTT expansion module?

ExcellentBadger

Reaction score
I installed Mu to upload code for a sensor from my laptop to the extension module. I connected my laptop via USB to the open source controller and connector the extension module to the open source controller via usb as well. I'm now using the Mu software to upload code to the drone, but Mu couldn't find an attached device. How do I upload code to the RMTT when my sensor is connected to the extension module? Do I just connect it to the Tello wifi and press Run?

I Was able to upload code via the Arduino IDE. See attachment for instructions.
My trouble is how to communicate from the RMTT to the Drone and then send commands back to the controlling app.

Attachments

• Robomaster TT and Arduino.pdf
    859.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I Was able to upload code via the Arduino IDE. See attachment for instructions.
My trouble is how to communicate from the RMTT to the Drone and then send commands back to the controlling app.
Thanks, how would I do this process if I'm using python instead?

Another way to do that is via the Mind+ application they have. It supports Python too! Do not ask me though the exact steps as I am not familiar with Python. I use it as we speak to create a program that may solve the problem I mentioned before using the scratch blocks. Mind+ autogenerates the Arduino code ;-).

Another way to do that is via the Mind+ application they have. It supports Python too! Do not ask me though the exact steps as I am not familiar with Python. I use it as we speak to create a program that may solve the problem I mentioned before using the scratch blocks. Mind+ autogenerates the Arduino code ;-).
Oh, I wanted a way to upload python code on an ide I choose. Is there any other way than using the mind+ app?

If you want to use MicroPython on the ESP32, it must be preloaded with MicroPython firmware. The Mind+ environment handles this for you as described here: RoboMaster TT - MindPlus wiki

You definetly should read the Mind+ documentation, it will answer most of your questions and gives you examples and step by step instructions.

If you want to continue with MicroPython and got a better understanding - and are brave, you perhaps could go ahead with this approach: 1. Getting started with MicroPython on the ESP32 — MicroPython 1.18 documentation

Perhaps this is a good place to ask this question. We are using Mind+ to control the drone and RMTT with their graphics. Doing well with that. Also working on Mind_ example of controlling with a TV remote, IR and Arduino. No problems there so far so far with fi9nding the hex codes. They give two image samples of code. How do you build a code variable like their sample to send the hex codes to the RMTT. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
1642701003042.png

Attachments

• screen shot sample program for RMTT in block code.JPG
    screen shot sample program for RMTT in block code.JPG
    219.3 KB · Views: 5
If you want to use MicroPython on the ESP32, it must be preloaded with MicroPython firmware. The Mind+ environment handles this for you as described here: RoboMaster TT - MindPlus wiki

You definetly should read the Mind+ documentation, it will answer most of your questions and gives you examples and step by step instructions.

If you want to continue with MicroPython and got a better understanding - and are brave, you perhaps could go ahead with this approach: 1. Getting started with MicroPython on the ESP32 — MicroPython 1.18 documentation
The problem with the Mind+ environment for me is that I have other python code where I rely on the real-time input from the sensor. I want to bundle all my python code in one project so that it would be much easier to send commands and and process data if it's inside a python project where I have more control

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode