Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Sensor problems or I do not know what problem is ...

Th3DroneroGT

Reaction score
As far as possible I will try to explain in detail the problem I have in the ryze tello. This drone I bought it in April of last year I have spent months knowing what problem it is because this drone has presented me with many problems, the first was that I was flying it in the patio of my house and out of nowhere (I started to turn on its same axis as crazy and I ignored the control of the phone) the floor is cement. after a few months the drone stopped giving that problem, the other problem is that I'm flying, days ago download the app "TelloFPV" as it became a very stable app that the original, well this happened to me with the previous app, which when the drone moves to the left or right it does it very slowly (having all the power to the maximum) I changed it to fast or sport mode, and it moved very slow, then try that with the TelloFPV app and the same error, the truth I do not know if you know about this problem ... but I have already begun to re-narrow, I have calibrated the IMU, I have calibrated the center of gravitation and it remains the same. I do not know if you can confirm if this is true, that if I put insulating tape on the sensors (as a way to cover the sensors) it flies in attitude mode without the VPS system ?, well I hope someone has some solution: / thank you to those who give me some solution

As far as possible I will try to explain in detail the problem I have in the ryze tello. This drone I bought it in April of last year I have spent months knowing what problem it is because this drone has presented me with many problems, the first was that I was flying it in the patio of my house and out of nowhere (I started to turn on its same axis as crazy and I ignored the control of the phone) the floor is cement. after a few months the drone stopped giving that problem, the other problem is that I'm flying, days ago download the app "TelloFPV" as it became a very stable app that the original, well this happened to me with the previous app, which when the drone moves to the left or right it does it very slowly (having all the power to the maximum) I changed it to fast or sport mode, and it moved very slow, then try that with the TelloFPV app and the same error, the truth I do not know if you know about this problem ... but I have already begun to re-narrow, I have calibrated the IMU, I have calibrated the center of gravitation and it remains the same. I do not know if you can confirm if this is true, that if I put insulating tape on the sensors (as a way to cover the sensors) it flies in attitude mode without the VPS system ?, well I hope someone has some solution: / thank you to those who give me some solution
You are not alone. I have been having the same random yaw issue also. Most think I am crazy I imagine...whew I feel better. I am still working on diagnosing the issue on my end. I hope with this thread we will find the answer!!!

Reactions: Th3DroneroGT
Just TODAY I posted about this in a separate thread:
taken from context...
"Still having trouble with yaw rate (and I assume other rates too) I think it has something to do with take off while in fast mode....this bug has been really hard to pin down.Those out there that fly in Sport mostly ...please try to keep an eye out for this. I can't possibly the only one with this issue. Thanks! "

I was able to repeat the problem with aTelloPilot app today so It is definitely NOT app related in my case. Like you, I also use TelloFPV for flying since the first day beta was released. It has solved many many of the common issues with Tello. This problem is different. I do beleive it is somehow VPS related. This evening I thoroughly cleaned the VPS system and will test some more tomorrow. If this does not help I will re-install the firmware. I did not notice this problem until mid December which is the same time as TelloFPVbeta was released AND the new Firmware was released! So now I know it is not TelloFPV...It MUST be firmware OR some other issue entirely.

Just TODAY I posted about this in a separate thread:
taken from context...
"Still having trouble with yaw rate (and I assume other rates too) I think it has something to do with take off while in fast mode....this bug has been really hard to pin down.Those out there that fly in Sport mostly ...please try to keep an eye out for this. I can't possibly the only one with this issue. Thanks! "

I was able to repeat the problem with aTelloPilot app today so It is definitely NOT app related in my case. Like you, I also use TelloFPV for flying since the first day beta was released. It has solved many many of the common issues with Tello. This problem is different. I do beleive it is somehow VPS related. This evening I thoroughly cleaned the VPS system and will test some more tomorrow. If this does not help I will re-install the firmware. I did not notice this problem until mid December which is the same time as TelloFPVbeta was released AND the new Firmware was released! So now I know it is not TelloFPV...It MUST be firmware OR some other issue entirely.

what worries me is that it is not the firmware, if not another problem, that the sensor is defective ... or I do not know.

Reactions: xcrost
Is the problem you are having EXACTLY what I described? It goes something like this: I take off in fast mode and yaw rate is too slow. I land and take off again and yaw is fixed...sometimes. Sometimes it takes off and everything is fine. Sometimes I take off yaw is fine, fly a few feet away and yaw is back to slow again...then the whole process repeats.randomly.....SO very frustrating....

Oh ...I can also confirm if you cover the VPS with tape you are in atti mode. I have tried all the calibrations you have but not tried to see if atti mode fixes it. I will test this tomorrow . Great idea!

es exacto lo que me pasa
Oh ...I can also confirm if you cover the VPS with tape you are in atti mode.

I already try ... the drone moves and crashes alone and does not answer the control of my phone

Is the problem you are having EXACTLY what I described? It goes something like this: I take off in fast mode and yaw rate is too slow. I land and take off again and yaw is fixed...sometimes. Sometimes it takes off and everything is fine. Sometimes I take off yaw is fine, fly a few feet away and yaw is back to slow again...then the whole process repeats.randomly.....SO very frustrating....

is exactly what happens to me, what angers me the most is that these ryze tech supporters wash their hands saying it's the phone, they excuse themselves of many things and do not solve anything.

is exactly what happens to me, what angers me the most is that these ryze tech supporters wash their hands saying it's the phone, they excuse themselves of many things and do not solve anything.
OK now we are on to something. I never tried with Ryze because I knew it would be fruitless...UNLESS we get more people to confirm this issue. We can hope.... If your drone is crashing in atti mode that may be a separate issue. I will test this tomorrow.

Reactions: Th3DroneroGT
I almost forgot...Welcome to the forum!! I am so thankful you have joined today. Hopefully we will get to the bottom of this problem. The people here are most helpful! Way more helpful than Ryze will ever be. Tello is my first drone but I have learned so much since being here.

I almost forgot...Welcome to the forum!! I am so thankful you have joined today. Hopefully we will get to the bottom of this problem. The people here are most helpful! Way more helpful than Ryze will ever be. Tello is my first drone but I have learned so much since being here.
thanks :) I joined the forum precisely for that, the help and modifications to the tello is appropriate in this forum, the Tello is my 2nd drone, the first was the syma x5c

Reactions: xcrost
are u flying low to some surface below. under about 1.1m. the firmware applies a speed limit. ryze support told me it is for safety. it is annoying as tello can get blown away easily on takeoff or landing. try flying higher to confirm if this is your problem.

Reactions: raulvolador
As @Guorium said. The Tello is configured to respond slowly up to 10ft or 3m meters. It does respond a little better as you gain altitude.

The Tello always flies in ATTI mode, since it does not have GPS installed. The VPS sensors are there to help you not crash so much. (It's a matter of when, not if).

As for the Tello being a teenager and not responding. I concur with Ryze that it may be the phone. I have seen phones that release wifi and reconnects constantly within a second while inside an app and you don't notice. Low end models tend to suffer more than others.

Have you tried a different mobile device and experience the same? What kind of phone are you trying to use?

As @Guorium said. The Tello is configured to respond slowly up to 10ft or 3m meters. It does respond a little better as you gain altitude.

The Tello always flies in ATTI mode, since it does not have GPS installed. The VPS sensors are there to help you not crash so much. (It's a matter of when, not if).

As for the Tello being a teenager and not responding. I concur with Ryze that it may be the phone. I have seen phones that release wifi and reconnects constantly within a second while inside an app and you don't notice. Low end models tend to suffer more than others.

Have you tried a different mobile device and experience the same? What kind of phone are you trying to use?
Yes it may be the phone, I experienced lose of control 2 times in one flight. No indication of what went wrong just zero control and frozen screen that soon started working again. In the manual for tell, there is a mode where VPS is active then there is the atti mode where you have to compensate for any horizontal drift due to wind.

I understand what Ansia and Guorium are saying but this is not OUR case. Going higher does not fix the issue. It is not a signal loss issue or BT interference. I can repeat the issue (randomly) with the T1d on or off. I can also repeat the issue (randomly) in atellopilot and TelloFPV so it is not app related. We are both tryng to narrow the possibilities down and appreciate any and all input! Thank you!

If indeed the problem is not wi fi connection, I mainly flew it with the samsung galaxy j7 and a problem too but that was even more problem, now with sony xperia I improve the situation a bit, but it's that problem, what I still have Doubt is that if the sensor below is blocked, in theory it should work like a drone without a sensor, no? If so, the problem is that too, block the sensor and at the time of flying the drone goes crazy and does not answer the phone or connected to the gamesir Td1, then ... never know what the problem is ... I think I'd better save to buy another Tello and see what it is ... or send it to repair or not

Another question ... how to restart the firmware? I mean return it by factory default firmware

If indeed the problem is not wi fi connection, I mainly flew it with the samsung galaxy j7 and a problem too but that was even more problem, now with sony xperia I improve the situation a bit, but it's that problem, what I still have Doubt is that if the sensor below is blocked, in theory it should work like a drone without a sensor, no? If so, the problem is that too, block the sensor and at the time of flying the drone goes crazy and does not answer the phone or connected to the gamesir Td1, then ... never know what the problem is ... I think I'd better save to buy another Tello and see what it is ... or send it to repair or not

Another question ... how to restart the firmware? I mean return it by factory default firmware
I do not think there is a way to re-set to factory firmware. Once it is gone it is gone unless Ryze would be willing to send to you somehow. I don't think it's possible. Another poor decision by Ryze...I still haven't been able to test mine with tape on it...way to windy but I will try it inside tonight. Or outside if wind is better... I am saving for another tello also. I need one more batt. anyway and could always use 2 new sets of OEM props...If it goes on sale for $79 again, my "real" cost is only 50 bucks for a brand new tello!

Well in that case i have no idea. Is this the layest fw? U should talk to ryze support

Results are in from my latest test. If the VPS is covered the tello flies as it should in atti mode. However the YAW issue is still exactly the same. Maybe even a little better but I need more testing to confirm this. It is so random to pin down. If yours is just crashing it is prb. unrelated. Did you change a props and accidentally put the wrong one on? Otherwise it can be many things....props may look ok but if you have a set try it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv