Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Setting the Throw and Go mode in Tello EDU using the SDK

iuriarte

Reaction score
hey guys, does anyone know how to set the mode in Tello EDU to "throw and go" via a program instead of the app? I have a routine I want the Tello EDU to perform but the beginning is throwing the drone in mid-air (like you can while using that mode). Does anyone have any idea how to do this using the SDK? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi there! I'm not using Tello EDU as you're doing, but mainly playing around with it and kotlin and i faced the same "hole" into the documentation as well.
Still, I found a Go library that seems to be able to use the "throw&go" programmatically. I'll try to mimik the same behaviour and see what happens!

Reactions: iuriarte
@elTomato thanks a lot for this! yeah, I had searched like crazy for something like this and found nothing. I'm sure this will be helpful. Let me know if this works for you and I'll do the same. Thanks again!

Apparently it's working! Weird enough I have to say...I thought that the native app used the "SDK way" to communicate with the drone. Not sure why they provided two different ways to do the same stuff.
I'd love to see the code of the firmware at this point to understand if all the available commands are mapped to the SDK functionalities (apparently that's not the case).

Reactions: iuriarte
Thanks for the links @elTomato this looks very promising. I had even contacted Ryze support and they said that this mode of Through and go is not supported by the SDK. It was so disappointing to hear but excited about exploring these libraries and see what's possible. Thanks again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv