Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Struggling forward movement

Dean Lighty

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I really hope someone can help. After a crash the other day my Tello really does struggle with any forward movement in normal mode. Until I put it in to fast mode. When I take off it works ok in normal mode for about 10 seconds then doesn't seem tilt to move forward after that. There is the slightest of slight breeze that it has never had a problem with in the past. Any ideas?

Hi everyone. I really hope someone can help. After a crash the other day my Tello really does struggle with any forward movement in normal mode. Until I put it in to fast mode. When I take off it works ok in normal mode for about 10 seconds then doesn't seem tilt to move forward after that. There is the slightest of slight breeze that it has never had a problem with in the past. Any ideas?
I had that happen yesterday. Exact same symptoms. I think I figured out that is you close to the ground (less then 3 or 4 feet) it will do that, however, if you go higher you have full control. It almost like it knew you crashed and is trying to help you make smooth movements at slow speed. Weird.

Reactions: Dean Lighty
the 10 s is normal. Tello is super agile for 10s and then the stabilization system for the EIS kicks in.
But Tello should still do around 2m/s in slow mode (without any wind)

Reactions: Dean Lighty
What is EIS? Thanx for the info. However it is no where near that speed. So very slow like a slight crawl.

EIS is the electronic image stabilization. That means VPS and stability are active. This happens after around 10s, and then tello becomes slow ( only 2m/s)

If Tello is close to ground it won't move much at all, so fly at least 1.5m high.

If Tello is much slower than 2m/s something is wrong. You can:
Try fast mode to make sure there are no motor problems.
Change the props.
Clean the VPS lenses
Try gravity calibration
Try IMU calibration (only in Ryze app).

If the problem still persist I have no more ideas.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode