Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Sudden Altitude Rise

jtroop

Reaction score
After a few flights indoors in front yard to learn the controls, we took it to a large field. After a few minutes of flight, the drone shot upwards 120 feet (way past it's restriction) then drifted off into the woods never to be seen again. We could not gain control and watched helplessly as it flew away out of site. This seems to be an issue with the product.

I previously experienced this issue. Likely to be joystick drift if you use a controller or maybe something is causing accidental touches. I am just curious what app you are using because I do not think the stock app has that problem

Hi there,

I once had a Tello drift due to a controller error and a bit of wind, but was able to rescue the Tello because I use the TelloFPV app and quickly press the stop button 5 times. Tello then switches off the engines and in this case fell on soft ground not far from me. Otherwise my Tello would have run off uncontrollably.

best regards

I previously experienced this issue. Likely to be joystick drift if you use a controller or maybe something is causing accidental touches. I am just curious what app you are using because I do not think the stock app has that problem
Was using the Tello app. Customer service asked for me to download the flight data from the app and send it to them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philipp.weisser@ksehingen