Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

T1s w/OTG cable.. Android setup help??

Are you sure it doesn't work with the stock app?

No, I'm not sure if it works with the stock app or not, I just don't care... especially if bluetooth is the only way to make it work with the stock app - too many potential problems with a BT connection, plus aTellopilot is so much better than stock app anyway.

BTW, part of your quote said this "Switch on the controller by pressing the Home - and A button simultaneously for 2 seconds"

I used Home + B the first time I linked to all my devices, that way the red 'mouse' light on front of controller doesn't keep blinking. I don't want a mouse pointer on my screen. You'll understand what I'm saying when your t1s gets there and you read the manual.

BTW, part of your quote said this "Switch on the controller by pressing the Home - and A button simultaneously for 2 seconds"

I used Home + B the first time I linked to all my devices, that way the red 'mouse' light on front of controller doesn't keep blinking. I don't want a mouse pointer on my screen. You'll understand what I'm saying when your t1s gets there and you read the manual.

Thanks again for your input

My observations after 24 hours with a T1s:
  • I don't have and did not need the gamesir world app
  • Using my old Galaxy S3 phone, my wife's S5, my son's S7, or my Huawei Mediapad M3 tablet, I've never noticed it making any difference which order I turned on or plugged in anything.
  • I don't have to turn on the T1s at all, just plug it in to an Android device via OTG, and it comes on
  • On my Android devices I don't have to use the X mode, the Android mode works fine
  • I really like flying with a real RC, much better control.
I will try just plugging it in like you did and see what happens. Thanks

Are you sure it doesn't work with the stock app? According to this video it does (though I think it's over bluetooth):
I'm not sure if it works with the stock app or not, I just don't care... especially if bluetooth is the only way to make it work with the stock app - too many potential problems with a BT connection
I've never noticed it making any difference which order I turned on or plugged in anything.

Well, I have to admit when I'm wrong and this time I am.

I watched a YouTube video on connecting a Gamesir and found out it does matter which order, and that a T1s will work with the OEM Tello app over bluetooth... plus, on my new-ish tablet there is no control lag or video interference! Wow...

Thanks @lutin for planting that bug in my ear LOL. After you said that I just couldn't resist looking into it :)

Well, I have to admit when I'm wrong and this time I am.

I watched a YouTube video on connecting a Gamesir and found out it does matter which order, and that a T1s will work with the OEM Tello app over bluetooth... plus, on my new-ish tablet there is no control lag or video interference! Wow...

Thanks @lutin for planting that bug in my ear LOL. After you said that I just couldn't resist looking into it :)
Awesome! I only joined the forum a few hours ago and I've helped someone already! Well chuffed!

Reactions: umanbean
Just for sharing, I had tried on Samsung A and J series, and also OPPO A57 model unable to detect the game controller OTG connection. (Tried on PS4 controller).

Even though they supported OTG and able to read OTG memory cards.

Samsung S5 works on PS4 controller.

Hope this piece of information will help others. :)

i too had to use X mode in order to control the tello. A and B mode both didn't work... and neither did just plugging the ts1 into the phone without powering it up first. the only way to gain control over the tello was for me to power up the ts1 in X mode first, then plug in.

i'm using telloFPV as my app.

Success and thanks Raul. I followed your initial steps but still couldn't connect......but then I switched the T1s to the "x" setting instead of the android setting and it works flawless. I don't think you have that option with the T1d though? Maybe that one is plug and play? Overall video recording indoors and outdoors is a 100% improvement with the OTG cable. No more frame skipping. Highly recommended for a few $$$. Still waiting for my repeater to arrive but I think it can only get better from here!!!
How do you switch the T1s to "X" mode please? Where did you get your OTG cable, I cannot find one for sale. Thanks, Geoff

I never tested this but I don't think the stock app supports wired controllers through OTG.

Or are you using TelloFpv?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv