Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Take off

Leons_Bad_Side

Reaction score
Sorry if I ask some strange questions. I'm new to the drone scene. Is there no way to take off other than using the take off option in the app? I know you can click to start the props and then kind of toss the tello but is there a way to just take off using the up control on the app?

You can pull both sticks down and in towards each other or both sticks down and to the outside corners to start the motors. Then advance the throttle forward to increase the RPM's and take off. I have always used the down to center but I have read down to the outside also starts the motors.

The up arrow should start the motors and lift off to about 3 feet.

I use the take-off button on the app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only way I can take off is by using the app moving the joysticks on the remote control does absolutely nothing.

it's a little tricky, you have to get the sticks in just the right position.

it's a little tricky, you have to get the sticks in just the right position.
It must be because I just tried it again and nothing. There is only one way I know how to move the joysticks in word unless I’m missing something. I do it the same way I do it with my inspire and Mavic.

For what I remember, some controllers don't report sticks as fully moved, even when they hit the physical limits of the controller. It was discussed here probably in development threads about either TelloFPV or aTello Pilot, don't remember. There was also mentioned some controller testing app, that just shows values received from controller; it could be used to see what you get trying to make the gesture. Sorry for info so vague, but as I did not encounter the problem, I never really got interested in it.

For what I remember, some controllers don't report sticks as fully moved, even when they hit the physical limits of the controller. It was discussed here probably in development threads about either TelloFPV or aTello Pilot, don't remember. There was also mentioned some controller testing app, that just shows values received from controller; it could be used to see what you get trying to make the gesture. Sorry for info so vague, but as I did not encounter the problem, I never really got interested in it.
In every case I have examined so far this was the cause: Sticks reporting ~60-80% in the corners. There are plenty of controllers that actually do 100% and people with unreliable controllers just have to accept that it's their controller's fault - not the software.

In every case I have examined so far this was the cause: Sticks reporting ~60-80% in the corners. There are plenty of controllers that actually do 100% and people with unreliable controllers just have to accept that it's their controller's fault - not the software.

Absolutely correct! My controller T1 is hit and miss on starting the motors but I have done it several times. It is just easier to use the up arrow in TelloFPV..

My T1 does not do it at all. I just use the app. I don’t expect much out of a toy anyway.

TellFpv requires 65% stick output to make CSC work. I don't bother but just map auto takeoff to a button

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philipp.weisser@ksehingen