Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello app intermittent connection on boot

nite

Reaction score
Hi,

I get very hit & miss connections on the trello app - when connected from android (nexus 6p) on wifi, sometimes the app opens & either says wifi isnt connected or doesnt complain but screen is black. Sometimes fixes itself if I reboot the app, sometimes if I reboot the drone & app, sometime not at all. I can then connect my spare phone (galaxy 5) & it usually works a bit better. App is up to date. Also a little annoying that bluetooth controller can be connected, but I need to go into settings to then further tell the app that it is connected! All in all, it can take up to 5 min to get up & flying on each boot.

Any suggestions? Is there a beta I could try?

Cheers,
Andy

Hey! stop sending all the problematic setups into my direction! ;)

Seriously its maybe 2% of the users who have >95% of all problems. And even with one problem solved I know these folks will be back next week with something else. So if I could get rid of this 2% I'd have way more time to develop :ROFLMAO::LOL::p

In this particular case:
If the original app has problems on a nexus 6 and the S5 "usually works a bit better" (but not always) there is basically just two options: Either the drone has a problem (which I have never seen) or the users does something wrong in the startup procedure.
Either way a change of the app will most likely not help much.
That said you can check if the free TelloFpv Demo works OK (always, not just sometimes). If it "usually works a bit better" (but not always) then we are back to drone or user problem

If the demo does not fully cure the problems then don't buy the full app. Both share the same codebase so no point in trying

Reactions: Flydrone
Hey! stop sending all the problematic setups into my direction! ;)

Seriously its maybe 2% of the users who have >95% of all problems. And even with one problem solved I know these folks will be back next week with something else. So if I could get rid of this 2% I'd have way more time to develop :ROFLMAO::LOL::p

This is true! I did not want to create problems ...;):censored:

Reactions: volate!lo
Cheers guys - yeah tello support pointed out the galaxy S5 is 'supported', the nexus 6p isnt - good to have the S5 as backup if the first doesnt connect. I may try out TelloFPV or aTelloPilot someday - former has better reviews & a demo, so guess I'll go with that. Would be nice if demo had 10min flight time to test it out once!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philipp.weisser@ksehingen