Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello app upgraded

SnoopCat

Reaction score
Hi! Today in the morning i have noticed the tello app was upgraded to a new version, whit this upgrade apeared this on the settings, the chinese option haha, anyone can help me and tell what this mean and used for?
Screenshot_2018-05-30-10-56-58-864_com.ryzerobotics.tello.png

Reactions: JoeBaldy
Tello Device SN (If you press the questin mark, this message shows up: "Personal Information Autorization-For Device activation and verification of the activation status")

Oh no... I have a bad feeling about this. That could mean they are going to start locking down the drone. Like if you are in an NFZ zone or don't have the latest firmware. Thats exactly what they did with Mavic. Hey its just a harmless activation. To prevent theft. And the next thing you know they are locking the drone into safe mode and blocking you from flying. Goodbye to flying over 10m. That is an unauthorized hack and could lock your drone until reactivated.

Sorry if I am being alarmist but that is exactly what happened to my Mavic. And If that comes to Tello I am 100% done.

On my tablet I had to press ok to "Device activation and verification of the activation status" to be able to use it, but on my phone it didn't ask for it.

Oh no... I have a bad feeling about this. That could mean they are going to start locking down the drone. Like if you are in an NFZ zone or don't have the latest firmware. Thats exactly what they did with Mavic. Hey its just a harmless activation. To prevent theft. And the next thing you know they are locking the drone into safe mode and blocking you from flying. Goodbye to flying over 10m. That is an unauthorized hack and could lock your drone until reactivated.

Sorry if I am being alarmist but that is exactly what happened to my Mavic. And If that comes to Tello I am 100% done.

Good thing is that there is no GPS in the drone, so not granting the app access to your phone's location should be enough to prevent this. ;-)

Lets hope they don't implement it. Its still under Ryze product after all and not a fully DJI product.Hmmmm....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James_All-In