Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TELLO App

JoeTechno

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me why drones that are rated almost 5 out of 5 are controlled by an app that has a 3 out of 5 rating.

That's the only real fault I find with the Tello, the app! Should have been way more developed before release, especially for android users. I wound up buying a used iPhone to make it less frustrating to use.

Well it's the app that interfaces the drone right? I fly a Bebop and a Bebop 2 and the various apps I have work with all the android phones and tablets I have. The Telllo works properly with only 1 of 5. The app works perfectly with a 5yr old iPhone 5. I have flown dji since the first naza came out and they have never favored android. It's obvious the app is the issue when you can buy $30 drone with apps and controllers that work.

But you do have to admit the Tello is far more advanced than other drones in its class.Therefore more complex app.It will improve

Honestly I like the Tello. I bought it for close in fpv, which its not great at but usable if you are not in close quarters. The video is pretty miserable as is the app. It fly's well and has great stability but so do a lot of lesser drones. I intend to use it mainly for still pics which it does pretty well.
What it does have going for it is its potential to be a learnig tool. I assume that's the real reason for its development. I have used it with Drone Blocks, pretty fun.
I'm not trying to start a debate here but am just offering my opinion. Besides being easy to fly and holding position well(windless) it doesn't do much else well considering its sketchy app and drop out video transmission.
Much of this forum is devoted to making it function as it should, right down to writing apps for it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv