Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello battery mod

simhaindia

Reaction score
Hi,

I just came up with an idea for battery mod.What if the tello battery is breaked and we use the circuit and body of it with a new battery with increased capacity.

will the tello accept it.

Has anyone tried this earlier?

Reactions: Seaking6

Guorium

Reaction score
Hi,

I just came up with an idea for battery mod.What if the tello battery is breaked and we use the circuit and body of it with a new battery with increased capacity.

will the tello accept it.

Has anyone tried this earlier?
[/QUOTI suppose as long as the operating voltage is the same it should work. Question is, how will you find one with similar size and shape and higher capacity?

Seaking6

Reaction score
This idea is one I think about, surely there is better battery for longer flight time.

bigred143

Reaction score
How about doubling the batteries. But you'd have to make another way to have both batteries be able to be removed and charged? Any ideas?

Reactions: Seaking6

Customerx

Reaction score
Tried many variations for this mod. From small coins cells in parallel, tello extra battery etc. From what I've found there is limited ways of achieving this without motors overheating or the tello struggling and getting error 13 codes

Customerx

Reaction score
Not saying this cant be done but I left it alone, I made a mod for the Xiaomi mi and had it powered onboard the tello, rather than use the tello battery. This worked well.

Attachments

SleepyRobo

Reaction score
If anyone were to increase the 1S battery (3.7v) to a larger mah then you would want to upgrade the motors to a higher Kv. The stock ones are 15,000kv so a set of 17,000kv or slightly higher would be a good balance for a heavier battery. Remember the better the power to weight ratio is the longer the flight times you will achieve

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stommc