Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello battery question??

mordread

Reaction score
Is it a good idea when you have fully charged the battery in the Tello to keep the battery in, or take it out of the drone if not flying? Also is it a good idea to keep topping up the batteries if not flying, i.e. should you let them discharge when not in use? Thanks in advance.

If you are putting it in storage, you have to leave them at 40-60% charge. @raulvolador has a thread that explains this somewhere in these forums.

If you are putting it in storage, you have to leave them at 40-60% charge. @raulvolador has a thread that explains this somewhere in these forums.

:unsure:
I think the final word is not out on this one. I have seen some pretty scientific test that have not shown significant difference in degradation with regard to SOC used for storage.
In this report the result was that there is no significant difference if stored at 40% or 100%. the only thing batteries don't like is being discharged too deep. the longer they stay under minimum voltage the worse.
So if you fly until force auto landing, let them cool down and recharge at least part asap.

For long term storage I'd store the battery separately. There might be a tiny battery drain otherwise that could drain the battery below minimum voltage over a few weeks. Even better: Fly Tello frequently and don't bother!

Reactions: mike357

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv