Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello. Calibration error. Source video. Ошибка калибровки. Исходное видео

Alex&Ko

Reaction score
Dear friends!
I present to your attention an additional video for the autumn series and 5th flights in October.
After the first flight, a strange event happened with Tello.
After changing the next battery during takeoff, the Tello application generated a calibration error.
I decided not to turn off video recording and fly around. However, management problems began immediately.
The drone was not stable during the flight, he seemed to be constantly “dancing”.
I did not fly far away (maximum 7 meters) and did not lift above three meters.
This error affected not only the flight of the drone, but also the quality of the video. Electronic stabilization does not cope with video smoothing.

As I corrected the calibration error. I turned off 3 times and turned on the drone. After the third time, the calibration error in the application disappeared. After that, I flew off on the drone for 20 or 25 minutes without any problems (with replacing several batteries) until the end of the shooting. Calibration error never appeared again.

This is the original video from the Tello camera with a resolution of 1280x720. It has not been edited.

The settings were not changed. There may have been a failure in the internal software Tello after changing the battery. Therefore, I did not calibrate the IMU.
Since this problem has not appeared anymore, I can only assume the cause of the failure.

This video I posted to show how the drone can behave in case of a calibration error

This is something weird. I have seen the video several times but I don't understand the causes. Maybe a VPS fault but the light conditions seem to be goods. Remember you the wind conditions and flight height?

This is something weird. I have seen the video several times but I don't understand the causes. Maybe a VPS fault but the light conditions seem to be goods. Remember you the wind conditions and flight height?

I myself did not understand the cause of the error. There may be some software failure after changing the battery. The error occurred immediately after turning on the drone. I haven't taken off. After several reboots the error disappeared.
It happened in the summer. After this event, I flew a lot in the fall and such a mistake was never again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv