Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello carbon fiber 135mm frame conversion

ph2t

Reaction score
Heya mate, sorry I haven’t updated this thread of late. The whole thing was fun to put together and it’s flight character was same as stock, albeit slightly lighter. Main thing was being able to adjust the camera angle for more of an fpv experience.

The project stoped due to the battery error from having non standard lipos. I could trick it into working (using the pcb Grima stock tello battery and attaching a standard lipo cell). I should of kept the battery stock. I think I had stuffed the power by nodding it to much in the end.

So I bought a new tello, lol.

The success in this is using the stock battery.

Good luck and if you have any more questions I’ll try to answer them the best I can.

Cheers,ph2t.

SleepyRobo

Reaction score
Do you have anymore videos of you flying it initially? I'm on the fence about going to pick up a "updated" (more or less new) Tello from Best buy since I have gen 1 from early 2018. I know they haven't changed anything, but I wonder if they snuck in some improvements into the frame or parts in a later production of the stock Tello. I'm not looking to get the EDU Tello or the iron Man. There is no performance gains from them that I can see.

OR I have thought of doing your conversion to the 135mm. My only hesitation is attaching the board to the carbon frame. If you could share some more experience with me that would be awesome.

For instance, when you angled the camera up, that must of upset the video since it is trying to stabilize, did you get a black border come into frame at all when flying?

My next question is, did you save weight going to the carbon frame? And if not do you think it's possible to mod the front of the Tello and aim the camera up without having to do a transplant, I'm interested in utilizing the new cage for indoor flying but I need a more horizontal facing view.

I have a project I'm doing at work next week so i have till tomorrow morning to decide. Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thx again for the update and all the past info you've shared with us here in the community.

Look forward to hearing back from you

x777

Reaction score
How do you think, it's possible to change for brushless motors? Any information about this idea would be helpful. Thx!

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
afrestrepo