Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello carbon fiber 135mm frame conversion

Heya mate, sorry I haven’t updated this thread of late. The whole thing was fun to put together and it’s flight character was same as stock, albeit slightly lighter. Main thing was being able to adjust the camera angle for more of an fpv experience.

The project stoped due to the battery error from having non standard lipos. I could trick it into working (using the pcb Grima stock tello battery and attaching a standard lipo cell). I should of kept the battery stock. I think I had stuffed the power by nodding it to much in the end.

So I bought a new tello, lol.

The success in this is using the stock battery.

Good luck and if you have any more questions I’ll try to answer them the best I can.

Cheers,ph2t.

Do you have anymore videos of you flying it initially? I'm on the fence about going to pick up a "updated" (more or less new) Tello from Best buy since I have gen 1 from early 2018. I know they haven't changed anything, but I wonder if they snuck in some improvements into the frame or parts in a later production of the stock Tello. I'm not looking to get the EDU Tello or the iron Man. There is no performance gains from them that I can see.

OR I have thought of doing your conversion to the 135mm. My only hesitation is attaching the board to the carbon frame. If you could share some more experience with me that would be awesome.

For instance, when you angled the camera up, that must of upset the video since it is trying to stabilize, did you get a black border come into frame at all when flying?

My next question is, did you save weight going to the carbon frame? And if not do you think it's possible to mod the front of the Tello and aim the camera up without having to do a transplant, I'm interested in utilizing the new cage for indoor flying but I need a more horizontal facing view.

I have a project I'm doing at work next week so i have till tomorrow morning to decide. Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thx again for the update and all the past info you've shared with us here in the community.

Look forward to hearing back from you

How do you think, it's possible to change for brushless motors? Any information about this idea would be helpful. Thx!

Hi to all
Ben playing with the Tello frame and battery’s.
Here are some Pic’s
If interested I will give you the stl print files.

Attachments

• IMG_1096.JPG
    IMG_1096.JPG
    810.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1095.JPG
    IMG_1095.JPG
    787.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1092.JPG
    IMG_1092.JPG
    765.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1090.JPG
    IMG_1090.JPG
    771.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1089.JPG
    IMG_1089.JPG
    666.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1087.JPG
    IMG_1087.JPG
    727.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1085.JPG
    IMG_1085.JPG
    724.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1083.JPG
    IMG_1083.JPG
    853 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: Donatello
[QUOTE = "dalefhome, publicación: 30151, miembro: 10531"]
Hola a todos
Ben jugando con el cuadro Tello y la batería.
Aquí hay algunas fotos
Si está interesado, le daré los archivos de impresión stl.
[/CITAR]
Hi, could you send me the files please? Thanks a lot...

Reactions: Bernardo5
Hola a todos
Aquí hay algunas fotos
[/CITAR]

Thank you for your interest

For some reason I can’t send the stl file from this forum. Send me an e-mail and I will send the stl to you

[email protected]

If you need help I will send you some pic’s

Thanks

Dale

Hola a todos
Aquí hay algunas fotos
[/CITAR]

Hi there, interesting and enjoyable read, I was interested in what you did for the tello antenna, did you notice increased range? Also your camera angle I understand, I fly fast mode too, but could you adjust angle or was this fixed in place? Thanks.

Hi to all
Ben playing with the Tello frame and battery’s.
Here are some Pic’s
If interested I will give you the stl print files.
Here is my email:
[email protected]

Can you please send me your STL files for this build, and any print settings and materials used, ill have my buddy print it for me. As well as any other info about it you might have, improvements or things that didn't work. Please and thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv