Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello compatible wifi extender.

Reinier

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I want to buy my Tello a wifi extender to extend its flight range. I see on youtube everyone is using the xiaomi mii 2, but I can't seem to find one to buy here in South Africa.
Please can you guys advise me other alternative extenders that are compatible with the Tello...

I found this online, don't know if it will work?
Takealot.com: Online Shopping | SA's leading online store

Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Unless your link got broken somehow, the device I see there seems to be wifi adapter (interface), not an extender. If you cannot find one looking for "wifi extender", try alternative names, I saw the devices going as "wifi repeater", "wifi amplifier", "signal booster".

The shop you mention apparently has some, but they are powered from wall sockets; so, they'll be limited to indoor/backyard use. USB powered ones, like Xiaomi Mi, win with portability. I found there one with USB (Takealot.com: Online Shopping | SA's leading online store ), but I know nothing about its performance.

Have you considered international online markets, ebay or aliexpress?

Speaking of alternative extenders, I can confirm that TP-Link WA820RE works with Tello, as it is what I have. Unfortunately I did not test it in the field, for we have quite nasty weather for days here.

Last edited:
Your best bet is to buy it on Amazon. I got mine that way, and are very happy with it. It took 2 weeks to arrive, and has been working like a champ. I never buy anything in South Africa, because you cant find anything here :)

Unless your link got broken somehow, the device I see there seems to be wifi adapter (interface), not an extender. If you cannot find one looking for "wifi extender", try alternative names, I saw the devices going as "wifi repeater", "wifi amplifier", "signal booster".

The shop you mention apparently has some, but they are powered from wall sockets; so, they'll be limited to indoor/backyard use. USB powered ones, like Xiaomi Mi, win with portability. I found there one with USB (Takealot.com: Online Shopping | SA's leading online store ), but I know nothing about its performance.

Have you considered international online markets, ebay or aliexpress?

Speaking of alternative extenders, I can confirm that TP-Link WA820RE works with Tello, as it is what I have. Unfortunately I did not test it in the field, for we have quite nasty weather for days here.

Thanks so much for your reply. I really appreciate it. I will definitely do some more research and hopefully find something that works.

Your best bet is to buy it on Amazon. I got mine that way, and are very happy with it. It took 2 weeks to arrive, and has been working like a champ. I never buy anything in South Africa, because you cant find anything here :)

Hi Clinton.
Thanks for the reply. When you bought over Amazon how did it get to you? Obviously not through SA's postal service. That would've taken much longer than two weeks... Does Amazon use a courier? I'm asking because I've never bought anything from Amazon.
Thanks.

Hi Clinton.
Thanks for the reply. When you bought over Amazon how did it get to you? Obviously not through SA's postal service. That would've taken much longer than two weeks... Does Amazon use a courier? I'm asking because I've never bought anything from Amazon.
Thanks.
Hi Reinier. Amazon uses Aramex for there courier to South Africa, and they deliver right at your doorstep. As you say, the postal system is a mess, that is why i only use Amazon. It is very easy to do, all the costs are included, so no nasty surprises with import tax and customs. Here is the link to where i got it from on Amazon. Hope it helps :) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XPGVWRH/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hi Reinier. Amazon uses Aramex for there courier to South Africa, and they deliver right at your doorstep. As you say, the postal system is a mess, that is why i only use Amazon. It is very easy to do, all the costs are included, so no nasty surprises with import tax and customs. Here is the link to where i got it from on Amazon. Hope it helps :)https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XPGVWRH/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Awww awesome! Thanks so much Clinton. You're a life saver! Really appreciate it.

Awww awesome! Thanks so much Clinton. You're a life saver! Really appreciate it.
You are welcome. That is the only way to go to get the stuff you want. I said it takes 2 weeks to get stuff here, but it is almost always faster. The quickest i got something from the States was 6 days. Amazon is really the best way to go.

Hi everyone.
I want to buy my Tello a wifi extender to extend its flight range. I see on youtube everyone is using the xiaomi mii 2, but I can't seem to find one to buy here in South Africa.
Please can you guys advise me other alternative extenders that are compatible with the Tello...

I found this online, don't know if it will work?
Takealot.com: Online Shopping | SA's leading online store

Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks.
hi...

You could try BlitzWolf® BW-NET4 Wireless Repeater from Banggood

cheers Ian

Does anyone else have experience with BlitzWolf® BW-NET4 Wireless Repeater?

I tried Xiaomi Wifi Repeater 2 and BlitzWolf BW-NET4.
Xiaomi is so much better than BlitzWolf using with Tello... But it's very difficult to find and it's price is actually too high

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv