Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello - Connecting a servo

bugzapper

Reaction score
Hello!

I searched the forum but could not find what I was looking for.

Is it possible to hook up the Tello to an Arduino or Raspberry Pi Pico so other electronics can be controlled?

Let's say I want to move a servo when something happens within the drone code.

Thanks,
Dennis

Hello!

I searched the forum but could not find what I was looking for.

Is it possible to hook up the Tello to an Arduino or Raspberry Pi Pico so other electronics can be controlled?

Let's say I want to move a servo when something happens within the drone code.

Thanks,
Dennis
Hi Dennis
It is possible to use Open CV in the Raspberry pi to control a servo based on the movement of the Tello
For example the servo can rotate based on a relative movement of the Tello
Or if you use the Tello Talent you can look at the light pattern and decide on the movement of the servo

I am not sure this will help. The extension kit for the Tello Talent is made for that. Not much information available on how to use it. There isa manual on how to connect it to the Arduino, but it is in Chinese.. You can translate it with Google translator. Still hard to understand. There is one good video on Youtube on how to connect to an infrared device. have not seen these in awhile as we gave up waiting for more information. Good luck.

Hi,

Thank you for answering!

How do I make the physical connection to a Raspberry from the Tello? (Ryze Tello)
You can connect the Raspberry pi to Tello by wifi
Here is an example
You can also find excellent examples on processing video feed from Tello using Ooen CV in Raspberry pi
Search for Murtaza Hassan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv