Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello connects to WIFI but app says not connected.

MrCoffee03

Reaction score
Hi I have a problem with my Tello connecting to a Samsung Galaxy Note8.
My Tello connects to the WIFI with the usual no internet available and then I open the app. The app opens then diverts to
the connect to WIFI page and shows the Tello is connected. when I close the WIFI I do end up back at the Tello controls page on the phone but it says it is not connected, it seems to be going around and around.
I have tried the turn off wifi, start tallo until yelllow flashes then turn on wifi etc but this has not helped. I tried the Tello on a iPhone 6 plus and it connected and flew without a problem and it connected in seconds.
Does anyone know of a Android or Samsung problem, or can offer a solution please.

Searching high and low I found what could be the answer, It appears if you turn OFF your mobile data that fixes it, I did also find a post on this site that suggests this option.
I also found it better to turn on drone first, wait to it starts flashing yellow then connect the wifi, once that was done I fired up the app and it worked perfectly. I will be interested if anyone else has the same or ongoing problems with Samsung Notes.

Reactions: TLWoodJr
Just want to report that I had OP's issue and that turning off mobile data solved it for me.

I usually put my phone in airplane mode and then turn on wifi. That way you eliminate all unwanted signals. Android phones also have a function where it will switch data transmission to the mobile network if the wifi, s internet is not strong enough and I think that causes some issues. Putting your phone into airplane mode eliminate that and you also will not get the sudden phone call as well

Try and make sure the wifi + is not on. It may be called something else on different handsets. This is from a Huawei p smart

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190626-110652.jpg
    Screenshot_20190626-110652.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 11
Searching high and low I found what could be the answer, It appears if you turn OFF your mobile data that fixes it, I did also find a post on this site that suggests this option.
I also found it better to turn on drone first, wait to it starts flashing yellow then connect the wifi, once that was done I fired up the app and it worked perfectly. I will be interested if anyone else has the same or ongoing problems with Samsung Notes.
That fixed it for us! iPhone 11, turned off cellular usage switch inside the Settings > Tello

You saved Christmas!!

I have an iPhone 11 and turned off mobile data and it still wont work.
Could it be an issue with Norton Security settings?

Only Norton knows what they are doing. But any antivirus / firewall would be my first idea when searching for the culprit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv