Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello cooling system using hacked pc case fan.

ph2t

Reaction score
A0386D97-844A-4D7C-A724-271B555AF8B4.jpeg

The tello is known to get quite hot whilst idle. If you’re programming a flight, setting up a wifi extender or doing any type of development/inspection you would of experienced this.

PC case fans are cheap and the right size for a tello to sit on. :)

I took the power leads (black and read) from a USB cable and connected it to the black and yellow cables on the fan.

Very easy to setup and you can run it from any USB port like a power pack. :)

Cheers,
ph2t.

Great job. I have just a small question. If it’s flat on the ground, how much air does it actually suck to cool the Tello?

You're right, it sits flush to the ground so airflow is limited. I am going to raise it off the ground and put a mesh over the top so the tello doesn't fall into the blades. :)

I bought this fan and it works great for the same purpose and I also use it to cool the Tello between flights. I live in a desert area and in the summer it is the only way I can fly more than 1 battery in the heat.

OPOLAR 4 Inch Mini USB Desk Fan, 2 Speeds, Lower Noise, USB Powered, 360° Up and Down, 3.8 ft Cable, Powerful Black Fan for Home and Office https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MR2SEAR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_dcD0BbA45Y8F8

About $13 US.

Fly Safe!

I personally use this fan.
1540488321419.png
I know it's a bit overkill, but it was already at home and it tilts upward. So it worked beautifully.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philipp.weisser@ksehingen