Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello does not take off from the ground, only makes a small jump to one side (props are in the right place)

Juul09

Reaction score
Found out that throw and go does work! the good news for me is that i can still fly, the bad news is that taking off from the ground (automatically and manually) doesnt work.

Any ideas why this could be?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Did you try to calibrate? If so maybe try to reset the tello, I think it is done by holding the power button for 10 or so seconds.

Do you have the controller?... if so take the joysticks and move them together and down at the same time... this will cause the motors to start but not take off. (To take off move the left joystick up)... with the motors running look to see if anyone of the motors are spinning different... check that motor to see if damaged... you can also just watch it to see which way it flips over (it will most likely be the same) the motor it flips to is the problem... it may need to be replaced- which is an easy diy project...

Try to calibrate.
Try a new prop on the side its dipping.
When doing a throw start check if all motors is speeding up the same.
Mine started dipping at take off when one of the brushes started failing in one of the motors.

I had this problem while running the calibration procedure, and found that I had inverted the elices, if I noticed that there are two with markings and two without, the ones that have markings should be placed on the motors that have markings.
Attention the motors markings are very discreet.

Today somebody on facebook found a solution.
Hand throw, and while mid air go for the Gravity center calibration, not IMU

Hope it helps

Found out that throw and go does work! the good news for me is that i can still fly, the bad news is that taking off from the ground (automatically and manually) doesnt work.

Any ideas why this could be?

Thanks!
You have to calibrate it and then hold down the power button for 10 seconds and then it works

I think I found the solution! Basically the propellers has a mark on the top, and the base has as well. They should go according to the mark. Also uninstall the Tello app, e install again… clean the Wifi too. Hopefully it works for u folks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv