Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Drone and Raspberry Pi 4

ModernNoob

Reaction score
417E0E06-4B4F-4A08-8563-68EB24D798F0.jpeg
Do you have have any ideas that I can use to attach the raspberry pi to the drone? I want to attach it with the case because I’m worry the raspberry pi is very fragile.

Do you have have any ideas that I can use to attach the raspberry pi to the drone?

Don't.

Buy Raspberry Pi Zero or equivalent, attach that.

Also, first figure out electrical connection, then physical placement (well, you only really have one option for the placement, but I'm sure you'll figure it out).

EDIT:
Ok, looking at that, it seem there is more than one option, or rather there is only one place but you can select orientation:

I want to attach it with the case because I’m worry the raspberry pi is very fragile.
There are SO many things wrong with that sentence, it's kind of impressive.

Don't.

Buy Raspberry Pi Zero or equivalent, attach that.

Also, first figure out electrical connection, then physical placement (well, you only really have one option for the placement, but I'm sure you'll figure it out).

EDIT:
Ok, looking at that, it seem there is more than one option, or rather there is only one place but you can select orientation:

There are SO many things wrong with that sentence, it's kind of impressive.
I made such a marriage of Tello EDU and Raspberry Pi Zero W: a Ruby program sent commands from RPiZW to Tello and the drone did autonomous flight.

We are working on similar ideas. We have found a nice *.stl file on thing verse to 3D print a mount for the pi zero. We will try to print it this weekend. Also the Roblin ZUMI come as a Robot and uses a Raspberry Pi. .it has a automobile shell that can be removed. and then consists of a Pi zero W, with a board with lights, iiC display, and pi camera. It doe AI, recognition, reads QR codes, etc with software installed, d connects to an android tablet. It can be mounted on a Tello Talent with the camera place where you want it. The kit sells for about $200. We are redoing the board is decrease the weight. So far, it looks good, and everything seems to work in this manner. I hope this gives you some ideas.

A good turn key system that can be used with the Tello is to strip the Robolink Zumi components ( Raspberry Pi Zero W, raspberry camera, IIC display, and Robolink ZUMI dev board ) add it to the Tello as both top and bottom mounts. Use their software with Python to run it. You can lighten the load by cutting off IR sensors and LED's, etc. You can 3D print mounts, etc. I interested contact me. for details.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan