Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Drone Swarming

Adeelhashmi890

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I am new here so my question might not make much sense. I still hope someone might be able to help me here.
I recently brought two Tello Drones. I am trying to do Drone swarming which means fly both of them at the same time with same python code.

However, I saw on internet that most of the people of have done this project in the past used Tello EDU, I wonder if there is a difference between Tello Tech or Tello EDU?

Can someone tell me if I can do drone swarming with Tello Tech drone? The following link shows the drones that I have, Can someone confirm if there is a way to do drone swarming with it?

you can see the drone that I have by clicking Tello Tech Drone

The Company who developed Tello is "Ryze Tech". So "Tech" is part of the manufacturers name and not the model name. You have the normal Tello which does not support station mode. Only in station mode, more than one Tello can connect as WiFi client to an existing WLan. In that case, you can assign every Tello a unique IP address.

If you have more than one WLan adapter on your laptop (e.g. the built-in WiFi and a second one as USB adapter), each WLan adapter can seperately connect to each of your Tellos access points. But in that case, all Tellos use the same IP adresses, so they will conflict.

At the moment I have no idea, how to control both non-EDU Tellos from the same computer. Perhaps someone else has an idea, how to escape from this conflict.

Draw-back of the station mode is, that you cannot access the video stream anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Shock
The Company who developed Tello is "Ryze Tech". So "Tech" is part of the manufacturers name and not the model name. You have the normal Tello which does not support station mode. Only in station mode, more than one Tello can connect as WiFi client to an existing WLan. In that case, you can assign every Tello a unique IP address.

If you have more than one WLan adapter on your laptop (e.g. the built-in WiFi and a second one as USB adapter), each WLan adapter can seperately connect to each of your Tellos access points. But in that case, all Tellos use the same IP adresses, so they will conflict.

At the moment I have no idea, how to control both non-EDU Tellos from the same computer. Perhaps someone else has an idea, how to escape from this conflict.

Draw-back of the station mode is, that you cannot access the video stream anymore.
Thank you @Hacky for your feedback. According a article that I have read online, it says that drone swarming is possible in AP mode (Access point mode) only. Do you think the article have made a mistake? or your information is incorrect?

you can read that article by clicking here

I have also attached a photo where they state that swarming is done in AP mode so that it is easy for you to find. Thanks again for your comments.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 11.35.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 11.35.16 AM.png
    82.5 KB · Views: 16

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan