Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello drong isn't working properly

Reaction score
I just bought a mint condition Tello Drone from a 3rd party seller. Drone was in good condition besides a chipped bumper that surrounds the drone. We drive home and the drone charges but weirdly enough the drone powers on for a few seconds with a green light, then it turns red for a second or so and then turns off completely. My brother has a tello drone and has extra batteries. He gave us a fully charged one and it still turned green for a bit, then red, and then off. Even when charging it shows a red light for a second and then theres no indicator of it being on. I heard it needs a software update but i have no idea how i can update the software without connecting to it via wifi. (The drones wifi wont show up because it's not online for long enough). Thanks in advance for the help!

Try turning off completely then holding the power button down. The moment the green light goes off, let go.

It should go into Loader Mode with a blinking red light. Now see if the WiFi's showing.

Assuming it is, try to upgrade the firmware from the Settings menu of the Tello app.

If it appears to upgrade it but, on restarting, the WiFi doesn't show, you may have one of several (one of mine included) that has a probably unfixable problem.

bbb

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it still is turning green then red. It boot loops which I find weird... It'll turn on and off and then a few minutes later it'll do the same thing without me turning it on.

If that is the case, I might as well return it as I don't have a soldering iron. Thanks for the help, I'll take a look.

Are you UK? If so and you get no joy from the seller, I'm happy to try the board in one of mine and report back. If the fault is fairly obvious, I might be able to sort it.

I live in Canada so it would be pretty difficult to work anything out. Thanks though! One further question, is there a way to completely remove the board from the drone. I want to check for corrosion on the top of the board but I haven't been able to get it out. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv