Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello EDU problems

Darksmile

Reaction score
Hello, i´m a 41Y old, lucky owner of a Tello EDU in Germany. I bought this drone to learn a bit about programming. For the first exercises i use the Tello EDU App on my Samsung Tab A tablet. I noticed some difficulties now.
First of all most of the time the EDU is performing the program with a little break between the commands. eg. Go Left, it waits 2-5 sec, go back ...
But Sometimes it performes the programm without a break.
What i also noticed was that it was not responding to the "Flip" command, while the simulation does it well.
Sometimes when i try to rearrange the programm the last "Block" always jumpes up to the second command!
As i´m absolutely new to coding i have no clue what might be the cause.
Bad APP? Bad Drone? Bad WLAN connection?
Maybe some of you have some ideas.
Thanks

neolu

Reaction score
try python or swift playgrounds, I use python programming to control the Tello.

Darksmile

Reaction score
My plan was to learn step by step as i have absolutely no coding background. First some basics to get a clue of the possibilities. Then i wanted to get deeper into the matter with python.
To start with the way more advanced step brings frustration. I learned that lesson when i first tried coding a Anki Cozmo Robot with Python. It was just frustrating so i never did any further trys
again and my Cozmo is sitting in it´s cradle since then :-(

WannaBeFlyer

Reaction score
My plan was to learn step by step as i have absolutely no coding background. First some basics to get a clue of the possibilities. Then i wanted to get deeper into the matter with python.
To start with the way more advanced step brings frustration. I learned that lesson when i first tried coding a Anki Cozmo Robot with Python. It was just frustrating so i never did any further trys again and my Cozmo is sitting in it´s cradle since then :-(
Cozmo owner, too :) My new Tello now also sits next to the Cozmo...

If by chance you are an iPad owner (and capable of some basic English) you definitely should try Apple's (Swift) Playgrounds. There is a clear and easy to understand learning path to master programming your Tello step by step. In addition, you may also use the mission pads of the Edu Tello to do some cool extra stuff (mission pad download link).

Attachments

Mike Shock

Reaction score
Hello, i´m a 41Y old, lucky owner of a Tello EDU in Germany. I bought this drone to learn a bit about programming. For the first exercises i use the Tello EDU App on my Samsung Tab A tablet. I noticed some difficulties now.
First of all most of the time the EDU is performing the program with a little break between the commands. eg. Go Left, it waits 2-5 sec, go back ...
But Sometimes it performes the programm without a break.
What i also noticed was that it was not responding to the "Flip" command, while the simulation does it well.
Sometimes when i try to rearrange the programm the last "Block" always jumpes up to the second command!
As i´m absolutely new to coding i have no clue what might be the cause.
Bad APP? Bad Drone? Bad WLAN connection?
Maybe some of you have some ideas.
Thanks
Flips are not executed if the battery level is not high enough.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andalou