Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

[Download] Official Ryze Tello EDU Mission Pads

an3k

Reaction score
In the changelog for the most recent firmware version 01.04.78.01 for the regular Tello Ryze Robotics said mission pads are now supported. The changed Tello State string confirms that. However, the new feature doesn't work yet but in case it does in the future and because you can't buy or even download the mission pads from Ryze (yet) and because you get four double-sided mission pads with a Tello EDU I scanned all eight sides of these pads and created a PDF you can download and print.

Regular Tello users can test these mission pads and Tello EDU users now can use all eight mission pads.

The size of a mission pad is: 194,5 mm x 194,5 mm x 1,5 mm (‪7,65748‬ Inch x ‪7,65748‬ Inch x ‪0,059055‬ Inch) so my PDF should be printed on DIN A4 or Letter and they come out in 1:1 scale.

Mission Pads (DIN A4): PDF
Mission Pads (Letter): PDF

I recreated mission pad 1 with just the necessary information (the colored "planets") and tried to get it working with a white background (so you save a lot of ink). The original (black background & correctly colored planets) does work perfectly. A white background with correctly colored planets does not work. A white background with black planets does not work. And finally the original with inverted colors also does not work. I guess the background has to be black. Sorry. Maybe someone with more knowledge about pattern recognition can point me to how to get this working with a white background.

Note: Even though the paper gets wavy Ink Jet works better because the paper and the print are not glossy. I tried it with a color laser jet and because light is reflected the Tello can't recognize the pad as perfect as an original mission pad.

Attachments

• Mission Pads A4.pdf
    8 MB · Views: 915
  • Mission Pads Letter.pdf
    8 MB · Views: 586
Has any regular Tello users had any luck with using mission pads? Is there anything special that needs to be done?

I can't find mine, now I can re-print them.
Thank you so much!
Maybe a useful hint, i found out right now while being curious. You do not need to print the cards in color, as tello seem to recognize only the pattern. I experimented a little whith my DIY Blacklight while searching for a way to make the tello hover in darkness. I replaced all dots of the pattern with white and printed the mission pads in black&white. Using my DIY Blacklight the tello hovers in place above the mission pad in a dark room, only illuminated in blacklight. :geek:

Reactions: martinpi
It doesn't say much, when it hovers stable in place. This is always the case, as long as there is any kind of structure on the ground that allows the optical flow camera to detect movements.

If the particular pattern is recognized, you will only see, when Tello is still able to detect the mission pad ID and it's position relative to the pad.

It doesn't say much, when it hovers stable in place. This is always the case, as long as there is any kind of structure on the ground that allows the optical flow camera to detect movements.

If the particular pattern is recognized, you will only see, when Tello is still able to detect the mission pad ID and it's position relative to the pad.
i made the experience that when the light condition is bad my tello do not stay stable in the air as they always drift in any direction :-( But with this it stays even in the dark. Moving around make it recognize the MP ID. I tried with 2 different MPs

So far, I did not yet have any success with the mission pads.
I found my original ones again, so it is definitely not the fault of the printed cards.

I issue "command", then "mon", "takeoff" and and wait until I get the ok after takeoff.
The pad is below Tello, so Tello should see it. I installed a lamp that shines on the pad.

And then I send "go 0 0 50 100 3" to fly to mission pad 3.
Nothing happens, and then Tello lands. No ok or error.

My Tello is an EDU with the latest firmware, sdk is 3.0. But the problem was the same with 2.0.

What am I doing wrong?

Reactions: Matheus.trevisan
Which ID has the pad below Tello when you issue the "go" command?

Such a command only works, if the pad below Tello (within angle of view of the downward facing camera) has this ID.

You can check if a mission pad is recognized, when you look at the telemetry stream received on port 8890.

Which ID has the pad below Tello when you issue the "go" command?

Such a command only works, if the pad below Tello (within angle of view of the downward facing camera) has this ID.

You can check if a mission pad is recognized, when you look at the telemetry stream received on port 8890.
It does have the "3" printed on it. It really should be visible. And I did not change the mdirection, so it should look down. Tello was roughly 60cm above the pad.
Thanks for the hint, I will look at the telemetry stream.

No changelog para a versão de firmware mais recente 01.04.78.01 para o Tello Ryze Robotics, disse que as almofadas de missão agora são suportadas. A string alterada do Tello State confirma isso. No entanto, o novo recurso ainda não funciona, mas caso funcione no futuro e porque você não pode comprar ou mesmo baixar os blocos de missão do Ryze (ainda) e porque você obtém quatro blocos de missão de dupla face com um Tello EDU Digitalizei todos os oito lados desses blocos e criei um PDF que você pode baixar e imprimir.

Os usuários regulares do Tello podem testar esses blocos de missão e os usuários do Tello EDU agora podem usar todos os oito blocos de missão.

O tamanho de um bloco de missão é: 194,5 mm x 194,5 mm x 1,5 mm (7,65748 polegadas x 7,65748 polegadas x 0,059055 polegadas) então meu PDF deve ser impresso em DIN A4 ou Letter e saem na escala 1:1.

Blocos de Missão (DIN A4): PDF
Blocos de Missão (Carta): PDF

Eu recriei o bloco de missão 1 com apenas as informações necessárias (os "planetas" coloridos) e tentei fazê-lo funcionar com um fundo branco (para economizar muita tinta). O original (fundo preto e planetas corretamente coloridos) funciona perfeitamente. Um fundo branco com planetas coloridos corretamente não funciona. Um fundo branco com planetas pretos não funciona. E por fim o original com cores invertidas também não funciona. Acho que o fundo tem que ser preto. Desculpe. Talvez alguém com mais conhecimento sobre reconhecimento de padrões possa me indicar como fazer isso funcionar com um fundo branco.

Note: Even though the paper gets wavy Ink Jet works better because the paper and the print are not glossy. I tried it with a color laser jet and because light is reflected the Tello can't recognize the pad as perfect as an original mission pad.
Muito obrigado!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philipp.weisser@ksehingen