Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello EDU worth it?

SleepyRobo

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am looking to everyone's input, I am split between buying accessories like batteries, charger, controller, different props, and 2 different wifi repeaters. So that I would have a full setup, they even make a battery lock that clips on.

Or to pay a little more and just buy the EDU kit, and maybe a extra battery. And here is where my concerns lie, is this new model still usable as a camera/ video performer, I use mine to get video and pics of a MC that I know, so if it's more stable or better performance, longer flight time, bigger battery????? Or did they just make a new top black clear cover and add a new SDK???

I've been searching online for videos and pics and forums for anybody to say if it's worth it.

Let it be known, I'm a electronics nerd, but I'm no master of anything, I have tried my hands at programming, never made it a few hours in to the basics. But I understand how things work when I am able to put my hands on it, used to work for a computer consulting company and did a little bit of IT work, but I'm now a electrical engine tech. So drones are a hobby.

I am on here to learn how to program the Tello but be able to learn how to impliment it into a app and improve upon said app as much as possible, I look up to @bluejune and many others on the development of aTelloPilot app, it's a wonderful app, since I don't know how to program it would be nice to be able to remap and customize more of the settings and biggest thing do the recalibrations within the app.

Back to my subject thread, what performance advantages does the edu have over the original. Is it worth the price? And can you do improvements like modifying the code, like adjusting visual positioning software to better accommodate lower light.

The questions are endless but this should be enough to get started. Please help me out everyone.

From what info I have gathered, basically the EDU version has the same specs as the original Tello, what changes like you said is the top cover and the way they coded the software. Think of it as a PC with either Linux or Windows. Both run on the same pc, but run completely different.

From what info I have gathered, basically the EDU version has the same specs as the original Tello, what changes like you said is the top cover and the way they coded the software. Think of it as a PC with either Linux or Windows. Both run on the same pc, but run completely different.

It is definatly not only the top cover : the chipset are different and the SDK are different..

Look at the chips differences :

If photos of chips help you, check out The difference between regular Tello and Tello EDU (with Photos)

The regular Tello uses SDK 1.3 (or something like that). The PDF can be found here (PDF). The Tello EDU uses SDK 2.0 and it's PDF can be found here (PDF).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philipp.weisser@ksehingen