Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello flies without reason verry high?

Kurt

Reaction score
Hello,

My tello flies normal in the garden en suddenly it flies verry high and fall down without doing something?
Any advice?
Thx

Never happened to me sofar...do gravity calibration...
One possibility sudden wind change.. blow your tello up

Today had same situation. At some point tello decided to do autoland (BTW, no reason for that), and second after I cancelled autoland, it literally shooted up, I lost eye contact and would lost drone if someone wouldn't found it and returned.

I read some where else that the cause can be interference of the wifi signal?

I haven’t experienced this with the Tello, but have with a Phantom. Fixed it by recalibrating compass and imu. In the Tello case, do the gravity and imu calibration. Remember to take off props when doing imu or they will get damaged. Also keep in mind to do it in a place with little or no interference such as meta objects, like pipes, signs, etc.

Ok thx.
I give it a try.
Scary moments when its suddenly go higher without doing something?

Reactions: Ansia
One more detail in my case: that was something with tello itself, because when I got it back there was lit solid red led. According to manual that is critical error.

My sons Tello had the same problem, but after a firmware update it stopped. Unfortunately the drone had banged too many times into the roof due to this problem, and damaged a motor. So now I'm waiting for a new motor.

Last edited:
After support finally taken a look at my logs they decided that tello needs warranty repair. Full electronic board was replaced, but due to weather conditions I didn't managed yet to try it fully after repair.

After support finally taken a look at my logs they decided that tello needs warranty repair. Full electronic board was replaced, but due to weather conditions I didn't managed yet to try it fully after repair.
What was the turn around time on the warranty repair? They are sending me a shipping label and saying up to 2 weeks...

What was the turn around time on the warranty repair? They are sending me a shipping label and saying up to 2 weeks...
From my experiences from DJI, that is about right. 5 days max to get there. They will replace your drone with a new or reburbished one and send it to you with a 5 days max of shipping. So around 10-12 days. If you include 2 Sundays, then you got 2 weeks.

Hi, new to tello, phantom 4 owner. I am on my second tello, the first one I had would fly fine, but when I tried to do a “flip” or “bounce mode” it would shoot straight up and crash into the ceiling, tried re cal’omg Everthing , nothing worked, so I took it back where I got it and exchanged for a new one. This new one works fine. ??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv