Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello FPV app flips directions?

Maersk65

Reaction score
Hi all / @volate!lo
Is it just me or did you noticed on latest ver1.5c the flips are to the opposite side of the arrow direction!!!
To flip to the right, the Tello goes to the left
Is this correct?
Can’t remember how it was before ?

Last edited:
Hello @Maersk65

Still on version 1.4b but aren't those functions remappable in Controller settings? Or is 1.5c hard coded?
Hi ZWActual
I’m using the old T1d no possible mapping as you know! And using the onscreen controls.
Not sure if 1.5c is hard coded!!!

Did u try the flips on 1.4b ? Are they in the correct directions??? Try to flip to the right and watch little Tello flips to the left hand side ?

Hi @Maersk65

I have my flips mapped to the PS3 controller. Have not used the onscreen option but assume it's correct but will check (1.4b) when I get a chance.

Perhaps @volate!lo coded it in reverse to make us flip. Kidding. Please don't revoke my license.

Reactions: Maersk65
Hi, @ZWActual
me again with some queries:
1st, I’m sick of T1d controller (can’t do anything with it nor it accept OTG cable☹️☹️But, I have PS4 controller dumped somewhere :), do you think it will work? And if so, any tutorial somewhere I can follow to map!!! Hope it’s easy ?
For info, I have an iPhoneX and my daughters Samsung S6

Hi @Maersk65

Stock app is limited for third-party controllers and TelloFPV is currently not available for iOS. So if your daughter wants to trade for your iPhoneX...

Wired OTG connection should follow this principal:
Phone (host) <--> OTG adapter/cable <--> Controller

e.g. Samsung S6 <--> OTG adapter/cable <--> PS4

Take a look through these threads and let us know if you still have questions.

Also, @umanbean and @Friendlytoad may have direct experience with the PS4 so they can chime in as needed.

Good luck! Cheers!

But, I have PS4 controller dumped somewhere
Dig it out and charge it up! :)

I have a PS4 controller that works well with an OTG cable/adapter... with BT, not so good, even with a wifi extender.

Once you get it hooked up and working mapping is easy enough... if you have problems with that part give us a shout out

Reactions: Maersk65
@Maersk65

I updated to 1.5c on a different device and the onscreen flip buttons functions correctly as designed. Same with 1.4b.

The only time they behaved oppositely (naturally) is when the front of the Tello was pointed towards me. That wasn't the case?

I don't get notifications for threads in which I'm tagged. Otherwise I'd get mad ... But I check for new threads from time to time

Onscreen flip buttons are fixd.
Buttons of external controllers can be mapped to do whatever function you want them to do. That also works for T1d, just go into the controller mapping screen, select the flip function and press the button it should be assigned to.

Of course T1d is not the best choice, as it can't do OTG and will be of no use except for Tello. PS4 will work better, and give better video!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv