Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello FPV app

Accuracy totally depends on VPS but in an outdoor scenario you will never get the tolerance anywhere near what you are expecting, and Tello does not land on its own. I am happy if Tello comes back to within 5m. But on a long range trip its OK if Tello returns into the right direction and comes close enough for me to take over using LOS.

If you have expectations for landing on a pad AFAIK only DJI drones mix their GOS with downfacing camera to achieve "precision landing". But: take away the landing pad so their visual reference is gone and they will land within a few meters just like any GPS drone.

Thanks for the quick replies, u are obviously a valued member to this community!

I think the questions that don't seem to get answered are how exactly does this app enhance the Tello experience. does the app...

Extend flight time?
Improve transmission/reception quality and therefore range?
Increase altitude or speed capability?
Provide new autonomous flight modes (follow me, rise, flight planning, etc.)?

it has been answered in post #14 by referencing the original post listing the features that are different compared to Ryze app ( New app: TelloFPV ). Its a bit outdated now and lacks a few features but you cannot say it hasn't been answered.

To your points:
no
no / yes and no (OK, one can fly beyond video range and hope to get the bird home using RTH but that is risky)
no
yes (return to home, circle POI, lock heading on POI, long range dronie, 360 video, 360 panorama shots, ...)

For a functional follow me and flight planning you need a drone with gimbal and gps.

Reactions: 2edgesword
I'm having trouble paring the GamesirT1d with the TelloFVP app. The controller works fine with the Tello app on the same android phone. But the controller just does not show up in the TelloFPV app under controller menu (just screen).

you have to go to settings - controller and press the scan button. If you don't see a scan button you have enlarged system fonts so its pushed too far down.

you have to go to settings - controller and press the scan button. If you don't see a scan button you have enlarged system fonts so its pushed too far down.

Volatello , I've reduced my phone's (galaxy J1Ace Android 5.1.1) fonts. but still don't see the scan button in the TelloFPV controller menu- see pic
Picture 2.jpg

The next version will have a scrollable dialog.

But: Have you tried the app with your tello, without the controller? Does it run smoothly?

Volatello, The pic above was with small font. going to tiny, I was just able to see a thin grey lines at the bottom of the menu. This is the top of the scan button! So got it working, seems the J1ace is a bit too small screened. Thanks for you help! Have not tried it with screen sticks.

Reactions: volate!lo
Volatello, The pic above was with small font. going to tiny, I was just able to see a thin grey lines at the bottom of the menu. This is the top of the scan button! So got it working, seems the J1ace is a bit too small screened. Thanks for you help! Have not tried it with screen sticks.
Pls report back if this works.

Because if it really works it would be the lowest spec device to run TelloFpv.

Tello's VPS seems to become less reliable in higher altitudes, so at 30m it may fail more often especially if there is any wind.

I got into drones in the last two weeks and have a Tello and a Bebop 2,the Ryze Tello app is a basic and useful tool to work with but Volatello's app provides a lot more functionality,a little more complicated to use but you don't need a degree in physics to use it. The app is well described on Google Play,but in all seriousness why quibble,buy it,try it,it's not expensive . I haven't used the Ryze app since buying Volatello's,it's a great piece of programming,and won't kill your drone!

So what is a safe maximum flying height with your app
I think it all depends on the wind. I've flown many times taking pictures at 30 meters with mild wind without problems, it made me very proud of tello and this app! But at 30 meters you can get some sudden strong gusts of wind and vps becomes more susceptible to fail at high altitudes. I think you have nothing to lose by downloading the app UAV forecast or something like that. It gives you wind velocity for the height you are planning to fly. You know tello can get about 28KM/h in sport mode so you should try to avoid winds stronger than 18km/h or even less, at 30 meters, just to make sure you have some power to return.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv