Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello FPV app

Barts

Reaction score
Hi guys. I just got my tello boost combo 3 days ago. Im still waiting for my gamesir t1d and the bag with controller slot. I just want to know if the tello fpv app is better than the official tello app. I've watched few videos in youtube and im interested in the return home feature. Im from Philippines and there's a lot of people here using the app. I just want to know the major differences between the 2 apps.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching.(y)

Hi guys. I just got my tello boost combo 3 days ago. Im still waiting for my gamesir t1d and the bag with controller slot. I just want to know if the tello fpv app is better than the official tello app. I've watched few videos in youtube and im interested in the return home feature. Im from Philippines and there's a lot of people here using the app. I just want to know the major differences between the 2 apps.

For an info about differences read this
New app: TelloFPV
and this

Or just try it. The free demo will tell you all you need to know.

I know that a lot of people in the Philippines are using the app. But very few have actually bought it. Most are using a pirated copy of the old v0.97 pre-release. This will sooner or later cause flyaways due to a controller bug. So in case you read about flyaways ask them for a screenshot of their about screen. If it's a v0.97 they have no right to complain.

Reactions: stewe12
I just want to know if the tello fpv app is better than the official tello app.
By a factor of at least 10x !
I just want to know the major differences between the 2 apps.
The best way to do that is go to the Google Play Store and read the descriptions under 'read more', then try both apps yourself. TelloFPV has a free demo version but you may as well be prepared to buy it - you'll love it too!

For an info about differences read this
and this

Or just try it. The free demo will tell you all you need to know.

I know that a lot of people in the Philippines are using the app. But very few have actually bought it. Most are using a pirated copy of the old v0.97 pre-release. This will sooner or later cause flyaways due to a controller bug. So in case you read about flyaways ask them for a screenshot of their about screen. If it's a v0.97 they have no right to complain.
hOW devious. Doubt it is accidental bug

hOW devious. Doubt it is accidental bug

Nope, its not a fake bug.
Its a real bug that was first addressed in v0.98z and finally fixed in 0.99. Just check the release notes somewhere in that huge TelloFpv thread.

I think I know what you mean... but those two links point to different posts in that same thread :cool:
I think @Guorium is indicating that I invent an imaginary bug to keep people from using the cracked 0.97 version that is circulating.
But as mentioned, it was a real bug fixed in a later release. All legitimate users have received automatic updates and I don't care about those using the pirated version.

Reactions: Guorium and Stele
I think @Guorium is indicating that I invent an imaginary bug to keep people from using the cracked 0.97 version that is circulating.
But as mentioned, it was a real bug fixed in a later release. All legitimate users have received automatic updates and I don't care about those using the pirated version.
Btw I tested your mention of the slowed air brake after 10s of take off. It is true! It takes considerably longer to stop after 10s. I guess ryze wanted that because they don't want unstable video soon after take off? I remember the angle of electronically stabilized video shifts if the tilt is beyond some point.

By a factor of at least 10x !

The best way to do that is go to the Google Play Store and read the descriptions under 'read more', then try both apps yourself. TelloFPV has a free demo version but you may as well be prepared to buy it - you'll love it too!
If you buy the app can you use it, download it, to more than one phone????

If you buy the app can you use it, download it, to more than one phone????
Sure, your Google account is paying for the app. You can use it on any device that signs in with the same Google account that you bought the app with, as with any paid app. Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv