Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello FPV + Gamesir T4 Pro: some troubles

senkisemmi

Reaction score
Hi, All!
I used Gamesir T4 Pro as an external controller of DJI Ryze Tello with the android application Tello FPV, and all worked fine... until some day. Now Tello FVP does not react on the controller. Remapping of buttons does not work too. It looks a bit strange: I can see that the contoller is connected (for example I can move via menus of the program with its joystick etc). However, I cannot use it to send commands to my quadrocopter, as before. I tried both variants of connection: first start of the app and after that connecting the controller, and vice verse.
To the better of my knowledge, I did not make any change in configuration. Why it worked before and does not work now? Any guesses?

Sounds like an Android update broke the mapping with the InputDevice. If that is the case nothing will help but a fix from the manufacturer. an app can't fix something that is broken in the underlying operating system

Maybe something got screwed up internally somehow. Try to clear controller settings. If that doesn't work try to clear app data. If that doesn't help I'd guess the android version is broken.

I've uninstalled the app, cleared all data and reinstalled it again. It did not help. Probably, you are right, it happened because of some android's update. But I did not notice any.

I don't know the t4 pro but if its like the t1s it probably has multiple connection modes.

With the t1s one can choose the mode on power-on and if it's the wrong mode then android will map the controller as a keyboard. In that mode it will control the menus instead of acting like a gamepad.

Maybe google if you can see similar modes for t4 pro and try them all - one mode after the other. Different modes may result in (multiple) different controller names that could confuse you, so clear the controller settings after each failed attempt.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv