Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello FPV Has Become Unstable

dronefisher

Reaction score
First off, I loved Tello FPV. But for some reason it has become incredibly unstable with two different Tellos, including a barely used one. I have deleted and reloaded twice. Incredibly laggy, Ts1 won't connect, and a couple of times it just ended its connection with the drone. I'm actually scared to use it now. Any suggestions on fixing this?

The app has barely been touched for several months now so I am pretty sure something was changed in your smartphone to cause this. Only you know what was changed.

Maybe a screen recording could give a clue but otherwise I don't see how I can help.

Thanks for the reply, Volate. First, your app is AMAZING!! It's so good that it's hard for me to comprehend that you are not a big company with a full programming team. And it's because of your app that I could seamlessly graduate up to bigger drones after I trained on the Tello. You are truly amazing...

I'm not super technical with the Android OS. I'll check out the links you gave me. But any possible culprits for me to look at? I have an Asus Zenfone. It's about three years old running Pie 9. The DJI app works fine. Thanks!

Could be anything: heavy background activity, some antivirus service, an Android update, or even just a power saving setting, or a problem in the Dalvik cache.
Sorry, but really there isn't much I can do.

Typically things work OK after a full factory reset but I guess that's a bit too harsh to start with.

Sadly Android isn't exactly Android. Asus is known for heavily modifying their Android versions, so whatever works on a plain vanilla Android phone like the pixels doesn't need to be the same for Asus, especially after upgrades have been added.

Nobody can feed even one single employee with apps like the ones I make for Tello. Not exactly big business. Just a hobby

Reactions: dronefisher
I'll check everything you suggested. I love your app so much I might actually consider doing a factory reset. :)

Does it matter if I still have the DJI app installed? I think I tried removing it and then running FPV, but not 100 percent sure.

If you kill the Ryze app using task manager that should not cause problems. Otherwise it will aggressively grab the connection if it can

Reactions: dronefisher
If you like to fly your drone from your laptop, may I suggest Ai Drone Software, it's compatible with both Windows & MacOS laptops. The application is tested with Xbox, Logitech & Redgear pro controllers.
XboxController.png

We have just released & offering it to first hundred users for free indefinitely, including future upgrades. In return we ask for your feedback since it's a Beta Pro Software. You will get free access to all these features -

Screenshot 2021-07-04 at 15.33.25.png

To download software
Create an account: AI Drone Software
Download software using hidden link: AI Drone Software

Let me know if you have questions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv