Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello + GameSir T1S - Need Help

StubbornSwiss

Reaction score
Greetings!

I recently got a Tello, and followed it up (after some research) with a GameSir T1S which I connect via OTG/USB to a Samsung S9+ running TelloFPV.

Everything is working well, and the difference compared to using the OnScreen controls is like night and day. I do recommend everyone flying the Tello get a controller!

However, I do have one concern which I have not been able to resolve.

I understand the T1S has a tendency to go into sleep mode, which of course disconnects from the Tello. I have Googled and read and watched quite a few suggestions/solutions to this issue, but have not been able to really understand or implement any of them.

Would someone who has this same set-up (or similar), and has been able to disable the controllers sleep function, be kind enough to explain the process.

Thank you.

I think @raulvolador is the expert for this

OK great. I am assuming he is on these forums and that he will eventually see this thread.

Oh...... and thanks for a great app! The best!!

(I am thinking of starting a thread where people can share their preferred settings (expo & dead center) for both sport and video modes. Or does this already exist)?

Edit: Ahh...... I see now who @raulvolador is, and I have read and tried to follow his thread. Unfortunately I cannot get some of his suggestions to work for me. Hopefully I will hear from him.

Last edited:
Reactions: volate!lo
Would someone who has this same set-up (or similar), and has been able to disable the controllers sleep function, be kind enough to explain the process.

Try this, it worked for me.

I just use a standard micro-usb cable, with OTG adapter on the phone end (on the USB-A connector)

I'm interested in this too ... Will T1S work without going into standby? the solution is a good quality otg cable ..

I'm interested in this too ... Will T1S work without going into standby? the solution is a good quality otg cable ..

Tested a Gamesir T1s with Galaxy J5.
1. Both device powered off. Airplane mode.
2. Connect T1s to phone via microUSB OTG cable. Both device power on automatically.
3. T1s is drawing power from phone (charging), same as when connected to PC via USB, 4 blue leds light up.
4. After 1 minute phone screen turns off (my settings), not running Tello app.
5. After 5 minutes T1s LEDs still light up, no auto standby.
6. Turn on phone, game pad can still navigate cursor in phone.
7. Unplug cable and T1s auto turn off.

*T1s will power on with its last mode (Android, IOS, PC).

Reactions: umanbean
2. Connect T1s to phone via microUSB OTG cable. Both device power on automatically.
3. T1s is drawing power from phone (charging), same as when connected to PC via USB, 4 blue leds light up.

thanks for the info ... I have already tried T1S but with standby problems, after several attempts and no results I made a return. now I went back to T1d with no more problems. I'll try again as soon as I buy a new T1.

Very good. That's exactly the way my T1s works too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv