Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello II - Wishlist

BKKKevin

Reaction score
Quite enjoying my Tello... This is Ryze’s first drone... but not the last...

Hope the Tello II has the following:

Micro SD card slot
Easy swap motors
Twenty minute flight battery
Adjustable camera angle
30 meter height capability

What should you add?...

Reactions: Aquanaut and ral67
1080p adjustable video profile: Contrast Exposure Saturation.
Fast switch/button between different speed modes.

Reactions: BKKKevin
great
all that would cost a quad copter of 500$
And you can get most of it at the DJI spark.
But the tello is a low cost SELFI drone.
And- you get for what you pay for
And with the tello size options and cost - BIG TIME.

I wish two things
Brushlles motors
SD internal card
Pay 50 $ more - would make me happy..
GUY

at least a way to manually tilt the camera like on the Dobby shouldnt add much cost
same for a microSD card slot

If I had three:
1.SD slot
2. Longer battery life ( larger battery)
3. Controller Action with more available controllers
But like Guy 250 above, I would be happy with 2 of the 3 but must have SD card

longer battery life will be difficult while staying within the current weight and size
Tello already has the best flight time in its class - better than drones that cost 2-3x

Reactions: Guorium
I agree with what has already been said but I’d also like improvements to the tello app so that it remembers custom settings we make

J

Reactions: ph2t
I'd like to see faster turning, a more aerobatic mode. Agree from above that a controller shortcut for rate would be appreciated. And, conversely a tripod mode with smoother movement.

How about an orbit function that gets wider with height? The up & away function is pretty limited, could move out much further.

Increase processing & memory. Could it build a map to remember a rout?

Better camera of course. Maybe 1080? Stronger antenna and native 30m flight would be cool.

Refinement over feature creep. Lighter weight brings greater flight time.

In my opinion TELLO 2 should be TELLO PRO (something between TELLO and SPARK)

1) Intel® Movidius™ Myriad™ X VPU + Enhanced Vision Positioning (to add also front sensors) - providing active tracking / obstacle avoidance and "Follow me" mode
2) SD card slot and/or Internal memory 8GB - rapidly clear the bandwith and latency
3) 5Ghz Wifi 802.11ac - avoid the 2,4Ghz noise and raising the distance
3) Brushless motors - prolonging durability
4) Integrated AIRMAP app - to help fulfilling UAV rules / to log flights automaticaly

I would have no problem with double price of TELLO for this, but honestly - this is not so far from SPARK.

Expected DJI (common for Apple-like and other "closed enviroment" builders) product strategy:

New -> Mavic Pro 2
Mavic Pro -> Mavic Air 2
Mavic Air -> Spark 2
Spark > Tello 2

BUT because TELLO is "startup" - maybe we can expect completely different and interesting development.

Honestly I dont see reasonable to upgrade any of DJIs product until CES 2019 - its like with iPhone when released, very catchy, everyone wants to touch and try.
Only reasonable move is to sell DJI brand to (for example) Intel and get the revenue right now.

I would prefer to build list of expected updates for TELLO.
Just few things and no more drones under 100 USD will exists outside PRC anymore!

Anyway UAV rules will change this soon.

In my opinion TELLO 2 should be TELLO PRO (something between TELLO and SPARK)

1) Intel® Movidius™ Myriad™ X VPU + Enhanced Vision Positioning (to add also front sensors) - providing active tracking / obstacle avoidance and "Follow me" mode
2) SD card slot and/or Internal memory 8GB - rapidly clear the bandwith and latency
3) 5Ghz Wifi 802.11ac - avoid the 2,4Ghz noise and raising the distance
3) Brushless motors - prolonging durability
4) Integrated AIRMAP app - to help fulfilling UAV rules / to log flights automaticaly

I would have no problem with double price of TELLO for this, but honestly - this is not so far from SPARK.

Expected DJI (common for Apple-like and other "closed enviroment" builders) product strategy:

New -> Mavic Pro 2
Mavic Pro -> Mavic Air 2
Mavic Air -> Spark 2
Spark > Tello 2

BUT because TELLO is "startup" - maybe we can expect completely different and interesting development.

Honestly I dont see reasonable to upgrade any of DJIs product until CES 2019 - its like with iPhone when released, very catchy, everyone wants to touch and try.
Only reasonable move is to sell DJI brand to (for example) Intel and get the revenue right now.

I would prefer to build list of expected updates for TELLO.
Just few things and no more drones under 100 USD will exists outside PRC anymore!

Anyway UAV rules will change this soon.

All your additions are great! Following up on your statement of "In my opinion TELLO 2 should be TELLO PRO (something between TELLO and SPARK)" just keep the weight under FAA registration requirement (0.55 pounds) . I live in an area with 6 small airports and one heliport so contacting them for a flight is a nightmare.

For an indoor and backyard micro drone, I feel Ryze/DJI got allot right with this. Especially the use of an optical sensor vs gps.

My list:

- Fix the over-heating issue. Got it setting up the Mi2. Only bad things can happen if this occurs during a firmware upgrade or maybe even IMU calibration.

- Dedicated Controller that does all the communication to AC. Separate comm channel to your phone/tablet from the controller.

- Onboard memory to store pic/video. The control board is on the bottom, so a memory card slot will be prone to loosing them.

First of all, Ryze Tech should keep Tello 2 open for a software development :) Knowing that I can expect something like Tello 2 FPV app and amazing support by Volate!lo will increase my interest considerably!

Anyway my list is:
Internal memory (8gb enought) or slot for SD card
Adjustable tilt (manual similar to Dobby would be ok)
Video 1080p

I think for Tello 2 will be much more dificult situation on the market.
Micro Drone 4.0 comming soon, I´m not sure how good it will be, but it aims to the same customers.
Price of the DJI Sparks on bazaars is close to half of the original price, that is guite good reason to think about buying of used drone.

My Top wish list is:
1. internal storage
2. If #1 fails, then 5G WIFI
5G wifi has less range than 2.4Ghz. Also you must use a 5g wifi phone... if both modes can be fitted to tello then a switch in the app should be good. Say people only need short distance flight.

5G wifi has less range than 2.4Ghz. Also you must use a 5g wifi phone... if both modes can be fitted to tello then a switch in the app should be good. Say people only need short distance flight.
Dual band is perfect of course.
Currently, tello's 2.4g range is far behind the theoretical value due to interference, especially in urban area. Sometimes i lost connection just 20 meters away. I believe even 5.8ghz has shorter signal range, the available range is better than 2.4g in urban area. Since little tello won't fly several kilometers away like a real DJI drone, i believe the 5g signal has enough range.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv