Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

tello newbie

gazzainayr

Reaction score
Hi everyone i've just got my first ever drone and choose the tello due to good reviews about it online.
I am in Scotland so windless days are very rare. I was just wondering wind wise what is the max mph you reckon I could take tello out in just to get used to it? also any andvice or tips you may have would also be grateful... cheers in advance folks

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .(y)

Hi everyone i've just got my first ever drone and choose the tello due to good reviews about it online.
I am in Scotland so windless days are very rare. I was just wondering wind wise what is the max mph you reckon I could take tello out in just to get used to it? also any andvice or tips you may have would also be grateful... cheers in advance folks
Welcome, that was a good choice ;) !

About the wind: after a month and a half of hardcore piloting training I am under the impression that it is mostly a skill vs challenge classic thingy.

The more skilled and confident I become with my Gizmo, the more wind/risks I can handle because I can kind of feel when it will fall out-of-control-ish.

Tellos can take some crashes. Soft crashes are better though.

If you can find yourself a spot where crashing is safe and play with the wind for some hours, you will be able to answer the question for yourself.

Tellos react like medium size birds in the wind.

Scotland ...I want to see your videos, I could not pay a visit yet in my life, and I'd like to.

This vid here ends in a pretty rough crash. I was lucky: not a scratch. (Sometime I break/lose propellers though of course).

Reactions: Flydrone
welcome!??
on YouTube there is this brave boy who does a lot of tests with the little tello.

of course I do not recommend flying in such conditions if you are not really experienced and aware of being able to lose the drone.

Reactions: Fari

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv