Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello: No valid imu, Python

NuclearDeveloper

Reaction score
Hey! I have a problem, i can send these commands; "takeoff, land, emergency, battery?, speed?, time?". But when i try to move it forward or rotate it i get this error message: "No valid imu". I have calibrated it via the phone, still the same error message. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Regards Olav.

Attachments

• Tello_erro.png
    Tello_erro.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: RogueSquadron1
Hey! I have a problem, i can send these commands; "takeoff, land, emergency, battery?, speed?, time?". But when i try to move it forward or rotate it i get this error message: "No valid imu". I have calibrated it via the phone, still the same error message. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Regards Olav.
I have the same problem. how can I solve it ?

Reactions: RogueSquadron1
I experienced that, too. Didi the IMU calibration which seemed to help.

This morning I got the error message again.
Next try, no error message, I was able to fly Tello in all directions using the SDK.
I don't know if it makes sense, but I got the error message when I was flying indoor with not really bright light.

I experienced that, too. Didi the IMU calibration which seemed to help.

This morning I got the error message again.
Next try, no error message, I was able to fly Tello in all directions using the SDK.
I don't know if it makes sense, but I got the error message when I was flying indoor with not really bright light.
in the meantime, I can confirm that it has to do with light.

This morning started grey and foggy. I tried to do the barometer test with my new program. Tello behaved like crazy, flew against the ceiling, banged against the furniture. Luckily my wife was not at home, so I could remove the shredded leaves from her pot plants. I suspected some timing issue in my program. And the error message "no valid imu" came amidst this session.

Later, when the sun came out, everything went smoothly. Tello flew like on rails.

Hey everyone,

I found the solution which I already posted somewhere else:

Have a nice day!
csabull96

Is there any chance to fly with bad light conditions? Is it possible to switch off the IMU somehow and fly the drone with less accuracy?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan