Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello not charging

brianC

Reaction score
Hi
May I know how to update firmware ?
Just bought Tello, but first time I charge, don't seem to work
Anyone encounter same issue?

Any hints, thanks

Thanks for response

I brute force push in the battery , seems to be charging

But then with the app, touch the video and not able to enter record video

Also the app exit on its own repeatedly a few times ,then I restarted my phone (Android)

Seems buggy

Brian

Hi

Any hints, thanks
Battery charged. Establish WIFI with aircraft and follow instructions on screen.

I too noticed that some USB cables don’t work. Try a cable which is somewhat branded and a fast charger of more than 1 amp. If the blue light blink faster then there is still issue. Slow blue blinking light is good.

Reactions: Inakigarm
Hi

Any hints, thanks
Fully charge the battery and get it WIFI enabled to aircraft. Follow instructions on the app.

Reactions: brianC
Thanks for response

I did once updated firmware, but seems even worse, not able to fly, then re-install app and able to fly instantly

wonder what goodies would the update brings??

Now the issue is not able to record video and only take picture,not so good but better than not able to fly !!

Brian

Dear

I just found the App keep exiting while drone is flying, I need to race against app closing to finally get drone to land and stop. I sent a feedback to Facebook , hope they can look at it

Maybe this is what firmware upgrade fixed buy would upgrade creates another issue ?

Brian

I too noticed that some USB cables don’t work. Try a cable which is somewhat branded and a fast charger of more than 1 amp. If the blue light blink faster then there is still issue. Slow blue blinking light is good.
Also it happens with my Tello; after 2 or 3 unsuscessful charges, I've found one charger and cable that charges the drone correctly.

Thanks for response

I did once updated firmware, but seems even worse, not able to fly, then re-install app and able to fly instantly

wonder what goodies would the update brings??

Now the issue is not able to record video and only take picture,not so good but better than not able to fly !!

Brian
Hi...sorry for your problem. Just want to ask what phone do you use? Sometime the problem with not able to take video but can take picture is because the app is not compatible with certain phone especially unrecognized android phone. Mine is like that but after the latest firmware update it seems that the problem have gone. Try another phone that is recommended by the company see whether the problem persist if yes then you will need technical support or buy another one.

Hi...sorry for your problem. Just want to ask what phone do you use? Sometime the problem with not able to take video but can take picture is because the app is not compatible with certain phone especially unrecognized android phone. Mine is like that but after the latest firmware update it seems that the problem have gone. Try another phone that is recommended by the company see whether the problem persist if yes then you will need technical support or buy another one.

Dear
Thanks for response
MY phone is HTC 820, think it is not listed

Brian

Allo j ai un problème avec ma batterie Tello quand je la branche avec le Tello la lumière bleu allume deux fois lent et une fois reste allumé plus longtemps et refait toujours la même chose mais ne charge jamais quel est le problème ??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv