Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello now goes up, up, and away...

Thmoore

Reaction score
Not sure what's happening here. After a few months of flawless flying, my Tello now ignores the take-off command either from the app or from the Bluetooth remote. It will launch itself on the throw-and-go setting, but when it does, it immediately plasters itself onto my ceiling until I have the app tell it to land itself. I am pleased to have found this out inside rather than outside.

I've replaced the props (and put the new ones on according to the directions) and the prop guards. I've recalibrated it, which worked for about 30 seconds.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

I’ve had my Tello for just a couple of weeks and sometimes when I take off, it does the same thing, goes all the way to the ceiling then comes crashing down. I have no idea what’s up with that but eventually it’s going to trash my Tello.

Not sure what's happening here. After a few months of flawless flying, my Tello now ignores the take-off command either from the app or from the Bluetooth remote. It will launch itself on the throw-and-go setting, but when it does, it immediately plasters itself onto my ceiling until I have the app tell it to land itself. I am pleased to have found this out inside rather than outside.

I've replaced the props (and put the new ones on according to the directions) and the prop guards. I've recalibrated it, which worked for about 30 seconds.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!
I had a similar problem with my Tello. Fortunately it was still under warranty. Ryze replaced some defective components and now it is ok.

Reactions: Thmoore
I had a similar problem with my Tello. Fortunately it was still under warranty. Ryze replaced some defective components and now it is ok.
The last 2 times I flew my Tello, it took off like a rocket and crashed into the ceiling. After seeing your post I called Ryze Tello. They told me to take off manually. I said ok, let me give that a try. Well, I can’t get the Tello to connect.

I just got off the phone with Ryze support. We’re both pretty sure the Tell is damaged from crashing into the ceiling. I also thought maybe it is the GameSir T1D. Firmware is up to date but that might not mean much of anything.

I tried flying with my iPad Mini 4, it will take off without crashing into the ceiling but the Tello now twitches often and drifts some.

I may have figured this out. After finding that repairing my slightly-out-of-warranty Tello was going to cost most of the cost of a new one, I just bought a new one. Surprise! The new one did the exact same thing.

I looked around a little and found the "T1d Upgrade Tool" in the iOS App Store for my Gamesir T1d remote. My firmware was up to date, but the app also calibrates the sticks, and it showed that the left stick wasn't re-centering itself and was always pointed up!

I took the screws out of the Gamesir, cracked it open a bit, and blew some air into it. It seems to have worked! The Upgrade Tool shows that the stick is centered now.

Would have been nice if Tello support had suggested any of this. They basically heard what the drone was doing and said, "You need a repair." So I didn't look for other problems.

Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843